I kissed another guy. When he found out he slapped me. Is this ok?

You can give reasons if you like.

Thank You xxx

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, what you did was very very wrong, it was highly inappropriate but then for him slap you wasn't good and wasn't right either ( according to me at least). However I can understand his anger and it's also justified.

What he could have done is to break up with you outright, but for some reason he chose to slap you instead.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's not ok to hit someone else not in true self-defense. Getting insulted, getting cheated on or your feelings hurt doesn't give anyone the rights to commit assault.

What he should have done is straight forward dump you and ignore you. That would have been more effective than reacting. He's an idiot. Basically he's showing that he believes hitting solves things if someone gets under his skin. Maybe he would still have slapped you even if you didn't cheat. That's someone that doesn't have the sufficient skills to handle stressful situations.

The amount of people of both genders excusing hitting another person not in self-defense is disappointing. Very disappointing.

What Guys Said 31

• Funny how different the poll is. Today a guy said his girlfriend slapped him when he told her he cheated, and everyone was ok with it... why things are different now?

Though I don't condone violence, you cheated, so I'm not gonna complain if he slapped you, after all, you deserved it.

• you both fucked up

• so you cheated on someone and when they found they slapped you?

violence is never ok but don't use his inexcusable action excuse your action

• Nothing about any of this is okay. Everyone is in the wrong.

• If a guy cheats on his girlfriend and she finds out and slaps him, is that acceptable?

We tend to be more lenient with women and violence.

• Slapping is bad. But why would you be making out with other guys anyways?

• Slap wasn't necessary, should have just blanked you and walked away.

• that´s what every girl would have done xD i guess it is. equality.

• A lot of questions come to mind about the circumstances of the kiss. Hitting you is a cowardly way to handle his emotions. You should dump him if you haven't already, he has some growing up to do.
    I would be mad too however. No matter how innocent the kiss, my trust would be a little shaken. I would start to worry about you cheating further.

• Yes, you cheated

• Is it ok? No.

But neither was you kissing another guy.

• You deserve to get slapped, but I don't think he should act on that.

• It's never ok for someone to hit someone else.

• Despite what you did was wrong you cheated, his actions were not excusable.

• yeah that's normal

• not ok, but not terrible. Just put yourself in his place, maybe you would do the same. I wouldn't slap a girl because i am not stupid, but if i discovered my girl kissed another guy i would just end the relationship

• You had it coming. Slut.

• No.
    What would have you done if you found him doing the same?

• It is never OK to slap someone, Kissing someone maybe god depends on the people and the reason for the kiss.

• violence is never justified
    but sometimes being slapped may be in your favor
    i can't judge it , i know nothing about you guys

• Leave him immediately! Period. End of discussion.

• Its kinda weird that he slapped. No boyfriend would do that. Instead they talk to solve the issue

• Well yeah a slap is ok but not to strong

• Legally speaking, no...

• Tricky. If we're going to be completely equal here, yes.

Personally I can't bring myself to view men and women the same so had I witnessed it I would probably have taken it upon myself to beat him up.

• The "is this OK?" question was unclear for me. I voted no referring to you kissing another guy being OK. It's OK he slapped you, not OK that you missed another guy.

• *kissed another guy

• Slapping is bad but you kissing another guy is worse

• you would have slapped him so its ok

• Yeah that's totally fine.

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 27

• Both of you are in the wrong. I think you should both cut contact with each other. He can't control his anger and you can't control your desires. You are obviously not compatable.

• what you did was wrong; however, it did not give him the right to hit you, and the fact that he did means that he considers violence to be a normal response.

if the situation were reversed (he cheated and you slapped him), my response would be the same. end it, learn from your mistakes, and move on.

• I mean... I frown on violence... but to be fair... you had it coming.

• no its not.

• Obviously you were wrong, you cheated on him, but using violence is also wrong, unless it's meant to be self defence.
    I think you're both better off without each other tbh. You obviously don't care about him since you cheated, and he doesn't seem emotionally stable right now.

• If the situation was switched and you would have slapped them as well. Then yeah you deserve it.

You pulled a rotten move by cheating on him. Should have have just dumped him if your going to just kiss other dudes like it's nothing.

• Violence against anyone for any reason beyond defending yourself is not okay, whatsoever.

• Slapping you wasn't necessary. Violence is never okay. But he had his reasons. It was just a mistake of him to do that.

• Don't stay with anyone who will hit you, male or female.

• No, it's not, really. Violence is never excusable, except in the case of self defence.
    However, you did something awful, and I can understand why he'd be angry enough to hit you. I hope he realises what a scummy person you are, and ditches your ass.

• It's not ok to put your hands on anyone. No. Leave him. You cheated, but he didn't need to put his hands on you.

• Interesting now some guys say it's okay, men should never ever ever everrrrrrr slap a girl!!! If you do... you're a dick and a bitch!

With that said, he should walk away instead of slapping your face. What a moron.

Choose better guys.

• No. You cheating isn't ok either, but he shouldn't be putting his hands on you in that manner.

• It's obviously not okay. You shouldn't hit someone just because they cheated. He should just dump you.

• Not okay, violence is never the answer unless the question is "what is never the answer?"

• What kind of sick fucks are thinking this is okay?

• Not okay

• How is this not ok?

• No a man should never put his hand on a woman and if he can do it once he may do it again

• Violence is not the answer to anything and cheating is simply wrong.

• OMG no that is not ok. What you did was not OK either... but violence is not the answer.

• 30-35 and you making this question with those words? you sound like 15

• I'm not sure you're asking if it's okay to kiss another guy or to be slapped for doing so.

• Yes it's okay cause if my boyfriend cheated on me I would probably slap him 2 so equality yaaaay wether u like it or not u deserved it why did u cheat break up before at least or something like tf

• No. Abuse is never ok no matter what the situation is

• Of course it's ok, you cheat on him, why he wouldn't be mad. It's just a slap not like he's hitting you really hard.
    If my boyfriend kiss another girl, he can be sure I would do more than just a little slap

• That he slapped you? Yes.

Why? Because you're a cheater.