Would like to ask my friend out... but?

So here's the story. My best friend has been dating this girl for about 2 years. But recently I started to develop feelings for her. He broke up with her about a week ago. I know she needs time to heal and everything.

But now that they have broken up I would like to ask her out when she feels ready. Me and her go to the same church together we are both christans. She is so nice she would do anything for anyone. Also her parents really like me and know me really well. Also I've been friends with her for about 6 months.

But the problem is I don't know when she feels ready to date again or if she feels the same way I do. I was going to ask her ex if he is over her and would care if I asked her out. He is also one of my best friends since we were 5 we are now 21.

I'm so confused right now can anyone help answer this.

What Girls Said 1

• Have you talked to your best friend about it?

• No I haven't they broke up about a week ago I thought it was too soon to ask him. He told me when he broke up with her he was just unhappy in the relationship. We have been friends for 15 years.

• Could you please explain better. Then wtf please

• Because it's YOUR friend who JUST broke up with her.

What Guys Said 1

• There is absolutely no way your best friend will ever accept you dating his ex. There will always be bad blood between you two. Most couples cannot cleanly have a friendship after a break up. There will always be some bad feelings there. If you start dating her then your best friend will still be in the picture with her somehow. This goes bad most times with resentment and other negative feelings. Basically you gain the girl, but you loss the best friend!