He does hang out with me more but when he hangs out with her I get so mad.

.I had a boyfriend for almost 2 years everything was fine and then he broke up with me he said that he needed time for himself, so we broke up it was really hard for me because I really cared for him.He broke up with me in April and in July he started texting me and then calling me and since the we been hanging out. but like in Oct he knew he was being different and he wasn't my boyfriend we are just hanging out. But I asked if he had another girl to be honest with me and he said yea.But stupid me is still hanging out with him. He does hang out with me more but when he hangs out with her I get so mad. Why am I doing this, other than I'm stupid.Why is he doing this?

i just asked him, You don't care if I hang out with other guys? and he said yes I would. what should I tell him

Most Helpful Girl

• YOU guys broke up - right?

Of course there will be lingering feelings, & you do not HAVE to throw those away.. You do not even HAVE to stop seeing him, & one day you may even reunite...

But for NOW, you guys are NOT TOGETHER.

You have to treat yourself & him, like that. Respect him seeing someone else, irregardless of what you think of her ( Imagine if there wee some ex, lurking in the back ground when you were with him.. You probably would NOT like that.)

So, give ihm space, think of him AS A FRIEND , DO NOT THINK ABOUT HER IN ANY WAY AT ALL, & go be happy with stuff you like to do, & or people you like to do it WITH.

:-)

• (from anon user above)

& It is of no consequesnce what he thinks of you going with other guys.

I know it is nice to kow that he cares, but you are playing mind games yourself, it is another way of tryng ot HOLD ON to what you HAD.

The more you do THAT, the LESS chance there will be, that you uys will get back together. Obviously something was damaged.

Give it time to heal do NOT try open it back up

Moving on doe snot mean you have to give up, just give up the past for the future. :-)

What Guys Said 5

• Why do you do this? Cause you haven't moved on from him. You're still hoping he will want to be your girlfriend again.

Why is he doing this? He likes the attention he gets from you.

• Because he likes your friendship and the attention you giving him. Best ting you can do is start dating other guys and cut down on the time you use on him. Make sure he know that you are hanging out with and dating other guys. Life is to short to worry about him. Get out and meet some people and he might come back ... its not sure he is worth it at that time

• You do it because you like him, why does he do it? He likes you, otherwise he wouldn't have dated you and he wouldn't get jealous... He probably feels you will go out with him when he is single again.

• What do you mean when he is single again?

• I mean, he may not be dating a girl but he is probably focussing on one which more or less means that in his head, he is taken, if it doesn't work out. He will be available to date i.e. he will be single.

• ya gotta leave him alone,

if he wants to be with you he'll be with you, if he wants to hang out, he'll hang out... you really care about the guy obviously and you can't stand it when he's with other girls... maybe that's what drew him away...? I don't know just throwing out possibilities...

move on, find another guy, get him thinking, guys think with logic, girls think with their emotions... you'll find out a lot more about him when your with another guy

• Maybe he realized that you really care about him, and so he's trying to show you the courtesy of not completely blowing you off. and hey, at least he's being honest about what he's doing.

What Girls Said 7

• Why are you doing this? Because you are hoping that if you stick it out he will go back to an exclusive relationship with you.

Why is he doing it? Because you are letting him.

Until you 1) accept your relationship is over and 2) understand that staying with him won't get it back and 3) get p*ssed that this jerk is using you, you will continue on until he changes things up. In situations like this the changes he will make will not make you happy. He may spend less time with you, become super flaky or just end up with another girl as his girlfriend.

• Oh, and it won't do any good to hang out with other guys to show him how wrong he is. He knows somewhere in the back of his mind that what he is doing probably isn't very fair, but he doesn't want to have you for a girlfriend and you are letting him do this, so he will continue to do it. Hanging with other guys won't change him.

• you should try really hard not to hang out with him seriously...i was in the SAME predicament...seriously,im not talking out of my ass...i stopped talking and HANG'N OUT with him...i wanted a relationship with him and it looks like you want a relationship with him too...so you need to tell him that you want to go at it again and if he says no then itz plain & simple that he wants you on the side...like if he is with a girl he still wants you there true to him...

• Hun I'm going to be 100% honest with you. My ex pulled the same thing on me. I played the same game as you are right now. and it killed me to not have him to myself but I figured something was better than nothing. SO WRONG! It's hard but you need to cut all ties from him. Tell him why and ask him to respect that. It's not easy but it will help you grow and find someone better for you.

• He wants what he wants and he wants it his way. Anyone could have told you his answer would have been that he wouldn't want you to hang with other guys. Since you are just friends, go hang with other guys. He doesn't own you, or control you and can't tell you what to do/not to do -- even if he WAS your boyfriend. Stop being so needy. Get balls and be a woman.. Don't allow yourself to be so insecure and worthless. You are worth something and if he can't see that, then you don't need him. I always say - "Why do you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you?" If you have to MAKE someone be around you, how is that any good?

• He broke up with you, he knew what you had to offer, you dated for 2 years & he told you he no longer needed you around. Why would you want to go back to someone who broke up with you? There's a ton of guys out there, find one who doesn't make you mad & is talking to someone else too. He's testing the waters to see if he has you on the backburner if he doesn't have anyone else. You should just ignore his texts & calls & let him suffer like you have been.

• yes you are being stupid.

he has a girlfriend.. you are the chick on the side! lol

• im not sure if eotion is behind it I think you feel resentment towards him but it honestly just looks like the both of you are each others bad habits and need new habits if you get what I'm sayin