Just found out my girlfriend slept with her ex's best friend as revenge for him cheating on her, is this a major red flag?

Just found out from a friend that my ex dated a guy 3 years ago and after finding out he was cheating on her she slept with his best friend as revenge. Is this a major red flag?

• Red flag
  • Not (past is the past)
Not my ex, as in the title my girlfriend of 5 months

Most Helpful Girl

• Revenge cheating is undignified and counterproductive. However, being cheated on is an extremely painful and upsetting thing to experience. I'm not sure that I would judge someone based on something they did while they were dealing with something so difficult (unless they committed a violent crime, which is ALWAYS a red flag). In addition to that, this was three years ago, and she might have changed in that amount of time.

If she's a wonderful girlfriend to you, cares about you, and treats you with respect, then I don't think I would be too concerned about what she did three years after being cheated on. Unless, again, it was a violent crime or something else very extreme. And revenge cheating, while a bit low, is ultimately not an overly extreme reaction to being cheated on.

What Girls Said 2

• Red flag shows huge immaturity and that she's the type of person to seek revenge. All though it was 3 years ago, its just a low blow.

• I don't understand the description well, it contradicts the title. Is she your ex or your girlfriend? Either way, it does show a bad side of her personality but it really depends on how she is today. She might have changed.

What Guys Said 10

• Major read flag. She is ready to do anything for revenge. Thats really childish if you ask me and slightly crazy. Okay really crazy. Thread lightly.

images.indiatvnews.com/.../...rlfriend-revenge.jpg
    newswirengr.com/.../car-smashed.jpg
    cdn.ebaumsworld.com/.../fixed.jpg

• Huge red flag as they come! As someone who has dated women like this, those who have cheated in the past, almost always cheat on you again. They are always "justified" in doing it, its either revenge or "you didn't satisfy them enough." they are rationalizing their behavior. Save yourself a lot of future grief and end it now, before you really fall for her.

• It's a red flag but not necessarily a show stopper. I'd extract a promise from her that no matter what happens, there will be discussion and not revenge.

• It was 3 years ago and before you, why care. I should think she's changed in that amount of time. If not, simple, don't cheat. If she really wanted to get revenge she would've gone for his brother or dad. I can get a new best friend but sooner or later I gotta deal with family.

• Hmm well she took revenge and decided to fall at her ex's level...
    But I don't think she is a cheater.

But I will be very careful with this type of girl

• id just break up with her now. its a huge red flag.

• Yeah because it says she lacks self respect.

• So don't cheat on her.

• Is she remorseful?

• thats her , and thats how she is,
    run, dont invest your emotions there