Is this a negative in the dating field?

Hey people, I'm 16 and I've never had a girlfriend, so as you can imagine, I've also never kissed anyone. Would you consider this a downside even though I'm young? Or is that normal for people my age?

Most Helpful Girl

• Not a negative at all, it's totally normal for your age. My boyfriend didn't have a girlfriend (me haha) until he was 20 .

Most Helpful Guy

• That is completely normal dude. Don't sweat it , it will eventually happen. No need to rush it at all

• Well yeah, but it seems like a bunch of people I know are in relationships now. I suppose I just feel left out since I'm not having much luck with a girl I like.

• Finally some wisdom on the topic of being a girl's friend before her boyfriend.

• Thanks dude

What Girls Said 3

• It's not totally strange for someone your age. I didn't date until I was 18 despite me being totally awesome :)

• I would find it cute and innocent, I'm 17 and I've never kissed or dated anyone

• It's normal.

What Guys Said 5

• I always assumed that about 85-90% of people have had a boyfriend/girlfriend, and a first kiss, by the age of 18. That's just how it seemed at my high school, pretty much.

But I haven't had those either.

• Completely normal for someone your age. Nothing to worry about.

• Don't worry too much about that, but you don't need to publicize it either.

I've been there, things will work out for you.

Good luck, man! ;)

• You're 16 dude... there are 40 year olds who have never had that.

It's not a negative if you don't mention it?

• Don't worry, man, it's all good at your age!!