When is it okay to say I love you?

When is it okay to say I love you?

Many express that if you just met a person and dated for a month that to say, I love you despite the strong feelings you may have for that person that it will be too much too soon. Some express that the the L word should not be used at all until after 3-6 months, and the woman should be the first to say it...

Tell me what you think? Is there a time limit for using the L word?

• Use the L word as soon as you feel it
  • Use the L word after 3-6 months despite your feelings
  • Let her say the L word first no matter the timeline
  • Let him say the L word first no matter the timeline

Most Helpful Girl

• If you met someone and you think you are inlove with them, it is not love what you are actually feeling but infatuation of that person. Psychology says that if you still feel the same way about a person 4 months after meeting them (or being "in love" with them), then you've crossed to the love section. I can then see why they say wait 3-6 months... To be honest, I never even have thought about that. when to tell someone I love them... but then again, I dont think I was ever the first to tell my exes I loved them. But I think when you feel it and have had that feeling for a few months (after 4) that you're sure, it is a sure bet you are IN LOVE with that person... but maybe do not LOVE them as yet.
    There is a difference between loving someone and being in love with someone. The latter is infatuation, the first is real love <3 and what will get you through the ups and down of life and your relationship.
    Hope that helps! :)

• Correction: But I think when you feel it and have had that feeling for a few months (after 4 months), it is a sure bet you are IN LOVE with that person... but maybe you still do not LOVE them as yet. ***

• thank you for MHO! :)

What Girls Said 17

• When you really mean it or don't say anything at all.

• When I've used that word, I've lied lol

I've never been there, I think it's important to say it when you feel it, but I rather walk alone instead of getting emotional.

• I voted A but I do think that it's too early to say it very early on, as you really haven't gotten the chance to know the person well enough to actually LOVE them at one or two months in. It's infatuation at that stage.

• My boyfriend told me after a month. It was soon, but it was how he felt and I reciprocated those feelings.

• okay, so i literally have been asking this for a good month lol. so me and my boyfriend have been dating for four months. i started feeling it at around two two and a half months but i thought it was too soon. i finally told him this week and he expressed it back i guess its really your choice because its your feelings and if they dont feel the same right away you can't get upset but say it when you feel ready

• Once you feel it say it. Otherwise whats the point in saying it at all if you dont feel it

• When you actually feel it and are comfortable enough to express it to your partner.

• I usually say it within the first 5 minutes of meeting some1 so ya

• You say it when it's true.

• after 4 or 5 dates

• Whenever you mean it

• Say what u feel

• when you feel love you should express it life is to short to not take the chance

• Don't force yourself to say it within a certain time frame. Say it when you mean it.

• Think before you say. If you have a girlfriend and you are planning that next time you see her you will tell her those 3 words for the first time. Make sure you really mean it. Some guys confuse the "I love you'' to the "I like you'' and that is messed up because they are totally different. MAKE SURE you MEAN IT with the bottom deepest of your heart..

• Not too soon. It depend how much you see the person but I ll said around 2-3 month if you see the person often. Multiple time a week.

• If you feel it in only a few weeks - it's infatuation and lust at that point.

What Guys Said 7

• When you are mentally to say that.

• When you feel it and not when "enough time has passed"

• True, real, unconditional love should never need to be said. People can say these things whenever they feel like though.

• use it sparing. if she dont feel the same, its a waste

• lol, the guy in the pic looks like a loser and his skull is the same size as the woman

• ... what a random observation to make? I don't see what's wrong with someone sharing the same sized skull as another, either, be it a man or a woman...

• a man's skull must be at least 18% greater in volume than the woman, i have a babyskull too which is why i'll only look at smaller women

• hm... yeah, it does sound like you've got some major issues to deal with.

• Say it if you mean it... But you have to know about death before you know about love

• Whenever you feel like it... she will appreciate it.