Too smart for your own good?

a guy I'm dating actually said this to me, what does it exactly mean and is it a good thing?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• i mean it is known that the smarter you are the more miserable you can be, usually by your own hand, smart people tend to see the detail in everything, overthink, be cautious, this can be a good thing but also a bad thing

• oh my god i completely agree with you, i think this is how i am and its very tiring sometimes...

• that may be the reason why he said that

Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• It means you are a well rounded individual and he is intimidated... maybe

• He's callin u on smartassery

• It's definitely not good.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on how he said it. Usually though, if a guy says that, he's a creep.

• It depends on the context... if it was in reference to you being witty and get the better of him then he probably liked it. If it was in reference to your education or your career then he is probably intimidated and not likely to want to go out with you if he feels your achievements outstrip his. And then if he does go out with you and marry you there is a chance he will strip you down when he stops pretending he is ok with you being smarter than him. And if he supports you all the way and is genuinely proud of you then hang on to him cause he's a rare gem.