Would be a turn or a turn off if someone of the opposer sex is really smart?

Like is someone had a vast amount of knowledge from many different subjects like science, history, art, and culture. What if they talked smart? Do you find intelegence attractive or would you think they are a nerd?

• Turn on.
  • Turn off.
  • Don't care.

Most Helpful Girl

• @slightlycrazy is crazy intelligent and I fucking love it.
    He's one of the smartest guys I know and tbh I'd fuck the shit outta him

• Hahaha wow that's a pleasant surprise 😳😳😳😊
      Thank you !
      It means a lot coming from you 😍😍😍
      She'll never admit it but SweetHomicidalQueen is one of the coolest people I know.
      She's crazy creative and sooo poetic😍. She can make the most minor thing sound so beautiful.
      Speaking of beautiful she's an angel. Every part of her is simply perfect, she's almost to beautiful to fuck. But she's also sexy as fuck so yea...
      Can't forget that she's funny as hell and has a great sense of humor herself. Besides she's always there to brighten my day. That's only cause she's the best friend I could ask for. She's the kinda person you hope your kids could be like.
      Your amazing

• @SlightlyCrazy awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! <3 /.\

Most Helpful Guy

• It's totally a turn on. Intelligence is great. I like intelligence-- you can have great conversations and the imagination of the person is generally pretty awesome too. It would only be a turn off if they were so smart they were condescending towards me and treated me as an idiot. Even that, however, wouldn't really be the fault of the intelligence but rather just the person's personality.

That being said, for me to like a person doesn't mean they need to be incredibly smart. Average is cool too.

What Girls Said 17

• It's only a turn off if they continuously flaunt it. I hate dealing with people who I feel aren't on my intellectual level but I'm much more irritated by people who constantly try to prove me wrong and always have something to say. Obsessed with always being right

• Nobody likes talking to a person dumber than a doorknob. As long as they don't make you feel like an idiot, it's all good.

• It would be a turn on for sure! I could learn a lot of things with him.

• Uh i love a smart man. Always have been attracted to them :)

• Sounds like my type of guy

• TURN ON I think a lot of guys think it's cool to act stupid and like they don't know anything but really it's not that attractive!

• It's a turn-on. I can't imagine people preferring ignorance over someone who is cultured

• Love me a smart man :) :) but as long as he is not full of himself though!

• I don't care. I think it's attractive but it's not unattractive if they aren't that smart.

• I'm a sapiosexual.

• opposer sex, lol.

• A smart man is very attractive

• Fucking sexy

• From what I observe, this is compromised if one is very attractive.

• i don't like people who are too much smart because i look so dumb compared to them

• Usually a turn off because guys like that are usually good two shoes. And never want to have any fun. And they act like they are better than everyone else and so smart and Its kind of dumb. I put "dont care" I just wouldn't date someone like that. I mean yes I want to date someone smart but i like it when they keep it under a cool. And aren't always talking about subjects.

• How on earth would this be a turn off? As long as he isn't annoying about it

What Guys Said 16

• How can someone not care about this? Just marry a rock if you don't care.

To me it's a big turn on. Knowing I can have an intellectual conversation with my girl and when I look in her eyes I'm not thinking "holy shit she's dumb", it's a big turn on.

• Well honestly, I don't care because I've never really put intelligence into the factor when dating. If I can have a great conversation with her and we get along I'm fine.

• It is entertaining to talk with intelligent people but only if they aren't arrogant or condescending. That being said, how smart someone is doesn't really increase or decrease my desire to have sex with them. That is mostly based on looks and I guess... attitude :/

• As long as they are humble and do not flaunt it around or act like a know it all then I find it to be quite a turn on, as I've always been quite attracted to smart and intelligent woman I require that mental stimulation.

• Nope, I tend to appreciate those who are willing to have a conversation the content is secondary to the person... I can have an amazing time with some people and never say a word other people can talk about their new phone for 6 hours and I am engaged... other peeps can make you consider the consequences of running them over with your big wheel in 10 seconds...

• my ex kept asking me what year it was. She did that like once or twice a week. So yeah I am not going back to that...

• I like it when a girl is very passionate and knowledgeable about something.

But when she's more intelligent than me, then I don't see her as an equal. She's above me. And that makes me less attracted to her. I'm more attracted to girls who are at my level or lower. Unfortunately most girls that I find physically attractive are more intelligent than me :'(

• Sometimes having a intellectual discussion with a female can be as fulfilling as having multiple orgasms in my opinion... tbh.

• I've never met a woman as smart as me (though I've heard speeches by some), so I don't know.

• Smart no. Smartband humble yes

• I prefer to go out witha smart woman over the "dumb girl" stereotype.
    Brains and beauty do go hand in hand you know.

• Intelligence is a major turn on

• I find smart people boring. Intelligent people are interesting though.

• Who cares about art lol

• I like my women like I like my coffee, stupid as a motherf*cker.

• Their education really doesn't do anything for me either way. A formal education at college however is generally seen as a status symbol that women are attracted to. So if this is a question to find out what women like, then I would advise going to college, because it is a trait a lot of women do care about. There is actually a shortage of educated men compared to educated women, which gives any guy that does go to college a huge advantage over other men.

• Absolutely a turn on. You however confuse intellectual with intelligent, meaning you're clearly not the former ;)

I still got high hopes that you could prove to be the latter!