Ex girlfriend avoided my question, why?

We broke up 1 month ago and I asked her "what is new? boyfriends? study?"and she just avoided my question and responded that she has a lot of studies.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she does have a lot to study. Also, you broke up only one month ago. I'm friends with almost every guy I dated and I can tell you that it takes at least 6 months of not talking before you can become friends again. She answered you and that's a good thing. But I suggest that you leave her alone for a few months and let her process her feelings about the break up. Text her again in 5 to 6 months and I bet she'll be more reaponsive. The big question is why you felt the need to text her so soon.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's because you are no longer dating each other, and she is not obliged to share details of her life with you any more.

What Girls Said 12

• She doesn't want to talk to you. You're broken up. Don't make nice. Just stay out of each other's lives.

• huh. I disagree with almost all of the comments. It's only been a month. Maybe she really was busy, or maybe she needs two months to heal from the breakup.

I don't think her being an ex means you can't be good friends, but it might feel strange for her when you ask her about other guys so soon.

• Why? Because her love life isn't any of your business.

• That doesn't really sound like avoiding the question to me. You asked what was new and she told you.

• She doesn't feel inclined to tell you all the details of her life.

Doesn't have to.

• She's your ex. Why must you know the intricacies of her life? Move on.

• Why in the world would she answer that?

• sounds like she answered your question.

• Maybe there's just no new boyfriends so she didn't feel the need to talk about it

• She probably has a dude she's talking to...

• Women move on quick.

• She doesn't seem interested and therefore she's avoiding all these personal questions.

What Guys Said 1

• She doesn't have to answer those questions... just cut contact and move on. You sound so clingy and desperate.