Is it wrong I'm not attarcted to my own race?

So I'm a brown guy, and I have a hard time finding my self attracted to brown girls. Especially if they are Punjabi like me. I find my self most attracted to white girls. Is this wrong? Have I been brainwashed by post colonial mentality to hate my own race. Here is where it gets strange, I find brown girls less attractive partially because the way a lot of them act. I know I'm stereo typing, but I usually just don't have a lot in common with them or much chemistry at all. I'm into "white people things" so white girls tend to have things in common with me. I've had brown girls tell me that I act like a white guy because of things like Music taste, the way I dress and my personality over all. The connection between being white and acting the way I do is arbitrary. But the stereotype goes that if you have game, and are well spoken, your white washed and brown guys don't act like that. I am very confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry, but what are 'white people things'?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel like a lot of "brown" guys like white girls, I dont really understand why they aren't that great. I'm white and I've gone out with my fair share of white girls and they really aren't that special. Most of them you will find are more emotionally draining then women of other races, and at least in my experience they dont take suggestions well. For instance "Hey honey I really appreciate that you are trying to dress up, but wearing a mini skirt to my brother's graduation really isn't appropriate"- her "You can't tell me how to dress, I'll dress however I want" - me *facepalm*

You get a lot of situations like that which are kind of frustrating. Of course really americanized Asian girls and black girls will do the same so its just a cultural thing I suppose, since most white girls are from the west though most of them have this attitude. I dont understand why you think white girls are so great though, they really aren't all they are cracked up to be. I think you are probably being influenced by media or word of mouth, have you had contact with many white girls? Half of them will make you want to vomit and the other half are nice girls that are either taken in a relationship or for some reason not dateable.

What Girls Said 8

• Humans statistically like rarer things, or you know, variety. So I see nothing really wrong with that, more so if it's the personality of the people and not the looks. There are more pebbles than diamonds in the world after all, not to say there aren't pretty pebbles. c:

• there's nothing wrong with that, its a preference. Lol colors are colors, doesn't really define who the person is.

• It's just your preference. Most people have preferences and many of these people like different races. I know a white girl who will only date black guys.

• no... well i am from kolkata and am a bengali girl... and i don't think it's wrong if you like white girls or not liking a girl from your own race... every person has their own taste for things... so as you!!! so it's not a big deal!!!

• Date who you want. Nobody is stopping you.

• Everyone has preferences. Don't make them feel like you have to like brown girls. You can like whatever and whomever you like. EVERYONE has a preference. So go for those white girls and be happy!

• i dont find Asian guys attractive. we all have our own perspectives.

• Every race is mostly attracted to white girls

What Guys Said 7

• Not being attracted to your own race is weird alright. That's a learned complex. You grow up in a white man's society you'll think like a white man it's that simple. Never underestimate the impact pop culture has on developing kids. It should be strictly regulated but it makes too much money for the freaks that make it

• It's not wrong. I'm not attracted to certain races. Most of us have racial preferences. Yours happens to not include your own. Nothing wrong with that.

• You have been brainwashed.

• NORMAL
    e. g. I prefer the tan, brown & olive skin

• Date whom ever you want.

• Thats totally fine bro. Don't worry. Everyone has their own unique choice.

• whats a Brown girl?>:-<O_O