What is a major turn off for you?

Ever been on a date with someone and noticed that they have a trait or quirk that is just a complete mood killer? I'm talking something they are just unaware they do, or they know they do it and to them it is not a huge deal? For me it's a guy obsessed with using the anti-bacterial stuff, or he picks at his body (or worse mine!)... I admit seems odd but I just get the image of Michael Myers as Goldmember and...*bllleeck*
Anyone else want to weigh in?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some things build over time. A lot of quirks are like enhancers of feelings you already have. If I really like someone, their quirks seem fun and playful and a charming bit of eccentricity. If I really dislike someone, their quirks are like fingernails on a chalkboard.

But in terms of like, something that stands out on a date, and early date (first or second) that would really make me question if this is something I want to pursue... someone that always cuts you off in a conversation. I like to talk, and I like to listen, but some people just can't let you get a complete sentence out without jumping in and starting saying something else. That drives me nuts, and makes it impossible to maintain my train of thought. It's like they don't want to listen, they are just waiting for a turn to talk again. That's one of the few things that can really make me start clock watching.

• I cut people off without even realizing it sometimes. :/

• @thewanderingme Sure, everyone does sometimes. That's not going to be enough to phase me. I have just encountered people who ALWAYS do it. Every second sentence you say you are being cut off. At that point it's not just an 'accident'. That's just somebody not caring about what you are saying, and only worried about their own thoughts.

What Guys Said 18

• I'll just throw 5 out there, in no particular order.

A - Materialistic
    B - Incapable of introspective thinking or conversation
    C - Highly emotional
    D - Hedonistic personality or life philosophy
    E - Inflated ego or sense of entitlement

I only give my respect to people who earn it through hard work. Until then, you're otherwise a blank slate, or you ain't worth shit to me.

• Women that smoke anything.

• Jelousy is the worst in my opinion

• Lack of confidence, masculine, drama queen, smoking/emo/obvious things

• The Cell phone... leave it in your pocket. If I'm out in a date whatever, that shit gets on my nerves so bad. You'd think that a real life person right in front of you would take precedent over electronics. For all i know, you chatting with others while out with me! Sometimes in public I want to just walk by and grab the phone out of their hand and just throw it in the road

• High maintenance, bitches that are all up their selves that aren't anything special, (personality matters). Men don't like "confident" women. Ok? Shy, submissive, and approachable is girlfriend material. Not the mention friendly.

• Arrogance I would say would be one of the bigger ones.

• Dullness and no energy lol

• Religious conversation.

• Can't think of anything like that

• Selfishness is probably the biggest one I judge people on at first.

• body odor!

• Manly vigor.

• Smokers are always a turn-off. Women that are never comfortable with their body.

• I guess it's excess male body hair that's s deal breaker and a MAJOR turn off to women.

• Psychically - Passiveness/submissiveness.
    Physically - Obesity, makeup.

• A prude... a chaste... simply disgustin'...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 13

• Obnoxious chewing or chewing with their mouth open.

• Anyone who is not polite to those around them. Even if you treat me like a goddess I won't like you if you are rude to a waiter

• Lack of any type of personality, someone disrespectful, a pessimist, a jackass, hood types, too touchy feely ( I had a couple date's who thought it was a good idea to over step boundaries on our first date), anyone who doesn't like Rihanna or Olaf👊👊👊, the privileged complex attitude (issues that affect me or people I know, you couldn't give two f**k's about), Mean spirited ol' goat😡, anyone who makes me feel like I'm hard to love/play's with my emotion's... basically any form of a F**K BOY !

• Cockiness 😒

• When I was single and used to go on dates it was when the guy would never ask any questions and just talk about himself

• Aside from the obvious bad table manners, loudness, etc., I once briefly dated a guy with a dorky laugh which was a turn-off. I mean, we can't really do anything about our laughs, but just sayin...

• -Loud talkers, it may be automatic but I hate it
    -Perfectionists
    - Insufferable know it alls

• I don't like when people try to sing along with a song but they don't know the words so they just mumble stuff. I also can't stand a bullshitter. I dated one when I was younger and got so sick of hearing his stories. And teeth. Please have clean teeth and nice breath.

• Arrogance or rudeness.

• Talks with his mouth full. Or spits while talking. 😂😂

• My guy licks his fingers omg xO, eating of course.

• When a guy keeps pushing you to do something and you say no and THEY KEEP ASKING. Automatic turn off. I will not be communicating with them after that.

• Hand shakes, I don't like shaking hands with the guy. It's just so... formal and every guy shows off how friggen strong they are. I'm like "yeah I get it, you're a M-A-N, I can't feel my pinky"

• yes! I hate when men do that hand squeeze thing. soooo unnecessary.

• What should I do when I introduce myself then? I feel like I need to do something with my hands when I introduce myself

• @lonelyoldboy I suppose you can do that, but just not with me. Not every girl hates handshakes.