Is it a bad thing that I enjoy casual sex?

I'm not ready for a relationship yet, I practice safe sex and I don't just sleep with anyone. However if I hit it off with a guy at a club I may have sex with him, even if I know it won't lead to a relationship.
As I said, I don't have sex with anyone. Only people I am attracted to who I can tell are good people.
Will this ruin my chances of having a relationship when I'm ready for one, will the guy not want to be with me because of my past? I'm 21.

Most Helpful Guy

• No matter what you do (or don't do) with your body there's always going to be someone out there will criticize you for it. No one can tell you what's right for you but you. You have to make your own decisions and decide what your values are. As long as you keep it consensual and you're not hurting anyone, I think you have nothing to apologize for.

Whatever you choose there will be guys out there who will accept you and your lifestyle (and some that won't). You're not going to get blacklisted from a relationship because you like sex. Yes, maybe some guys won't be able to deal with it but not all guys are the same. If having casual sex in the past ruins your shot at a relationship with a guy, is that really a guy you want to settle down with in the first place? He may well be doing you a favour.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever it's your life. As long as you're safe and don't spread anything you're good to go.

What Guys Said 4

• there was just a question on here from a girl saying a guy dumped her because she had a count of 8... ended with a "and I loved him :( " both a little funny and sad

• Depends on your personality but what kind kick do you get out of it? Just love the ego boost or the feeling of being a slut or?

• I'm not a slut, I do it because I enjoy sex

• No, I'm just bored and on a long journey. Felt. like chatting with someone

• A long journey at nearly 4 in the morning…?

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Nope!! Enjoy ;)