Girls, at what point do you stop dating assholes?

I was just wondering, because if a guy makes you feel like shit and does not build you up, why don't you drop his ass and get with someone better.

12

Most Helpful Girl

• As soon as I realize the guy is an asshole. I've never had the patience for bullshit. Probably explains why I spent most of my twenties single...

What Girls Said 11

• Because its like a drug. He makes you feel shitty and then gives you some attention and you feel good again and then bad and then good. Have you ever met a drug addict? It's HARD to quit smoking/drinking/drugs. You know it's bad for you but it's not easy to stop. This is because of the chemicals in your brain that are released when you have emotional ups and downs. It becomes a chemical dependency. You need to leave a jerk ASAP before you become too emotionally involved. I've been there where i stayed too long and it is never worth it. He won't change, please stop thinking that he will. He won't. And leave now while you still have your dignity. It's also the only way he'll ever respect you - if you leave for good.

• This is a lesson I hope everyone gets to learn. Sometimes people don't think they deserve a better relationship or they feel like they can't do better.

• But why do they think this? I have met many good women who have dumb asses for men and I'm thinking "why are you with him, you could have some one better right now"

• Like I said " Sometimes people don't think they deserve a better relationship or they feel like they can't do better."

• the second we realize that we deserve better.

people who date assholes do so because they have no self-esteem and they truly believe that it's the best they can do.

• I have never dated an asshole. I have dated men who turned out to be cowards, but I have never dated anyone who made me feel like shit.

Oh, wait, no. There was that guy in the army I dated for a few months. He was a grade A asshole. And that's why I dumped him.

• When they finally have enough toilet paper to clean up their own shit (act)! It's a phase, I've never been into jackasses that bad like other's. Maybe make friend's with them, but I definitely don't waste my time dating them. I want head, not headaches😀😀Moat of those girl's are just insecure that's why they settle for that kind of bullshhh.

• Sometimes you fall for a guy before realizing he is an asshole, or worse yet you have no one to compare him to or he happens to be the best of the worst :/

• good question... I don't know why. Could be multiple reasons. Maybe she has daddy issues maybe she thinks she can fix him.. Or maybe he was sweet and then turned out to be asshole but by that time she already fell in love with him. I don't know.. I personally haven't dated one and will not ever. I will not tolerate a man belittling me. I have seen other women go through that and i promised myself not to be like that. And i kept my promise and will continue to keep it.

• I did drop his ass, but haven't gotten with someone better. I'm perfectly fine on my own for now, we'll see in the next 5 years or so if I want anyone or not.

• Please don't give up on us sweet heart. There our some good boys still out there, I'm one of them. I know you have heard all that before that's why I would have to show you I'm different.

• So you would want the real thing, not some hook up? That's what I want true love. Do I read you right? When you say "he should be serious" in what way.

• I don't like hookups. Hookups are for people who are trying to cover up their real issues. My real issues are not hidden, yet AI wouldn't lower my own standards because I have weaknesses. I deal with my weaknesses by taking full control of them and turning them into my strengths. So, no, I don't like "hookups" for that reason, because I want to grow as a person. My own individual.

• When they stop pretending to be good guys.

• Why would a guy pretend to be that way, some guys were raised to be good to women. Did you ever think of that?

• Simply being a female doesn't entitle all women to date a man who isn't an asshole, just saying.

Anyway, I stopped dating them after the first guy was a jerk to me. I learned my lesson the first time and won't ever make that mistake again.

• So you're saying you would date a guy who is nice, kind, loving and respectful to you? What do you mean by "Simply being a female doesn't entitle all women to date a man who isn't an asshole"

• That's the only kind of guy I would date.

I was saying that women can be assholes too lol

• Oh ok i see. I wish I could meet more women like you.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more