Real or not real?

this guy and I have been dating on and off for the last two years. Recently we broke up about two months ago and i ran into him in town at our local fair where he ended up following me, friending on fb again, and finally telling that when he saw me he felt like his feelings were still there, like someone punched him in the chested. moments after he walked away his friend walked up to me and said "i dont want you to get hurt so fyi he probably won't text you" ( please note the friend has never really liked me cause i "took his buddy away") the next week he messeges me good morning and texts me everyday for a week. next week nothing. then i hey or two the week after that. I know he talks to other girls, has a dating site account, and is friending a lot of girls. note he is in the military and is responsible for a lot. For the last two weeks nothing. Suddenly, he texts me and asks to hang out and he will let me know at the end of the week if we can or not. Started suddenly liking my status's on fb, and commenting on posts but not texting me. once again three days after that totally disappears, now it is the end of the week, (thursday) and NOTHING. am i being played? i'm so confused. He has the right body language, friends say how much he cares about me, hell when we broke up recently we both said we cared about each other. he even wanted me to go back to his home state with him when he gets out. HELP!!!

What Guys Said 2

• The signs are not very clear. I don't think he is serious about you and hence, I would say it's not real.

• Skype him

What Girls Said 1

• Don't take him serious because if someone wants to be with you then they will. He's just keeping you at bay. To be honest your an option if all else fails maybe and you don't want to be an option. Or he just most likly don't want you to be with anyone else for no particular reason at all most people do that because they dont like it when they no longer have something. All i'm saying is that if he wanted you, you would be his. No if and or buts.