Can someone give me an honest opinion?

Hey everyone.
I will try to make this as short as possible.
So, me and this guy have been talking and hanging out for just about a month now. In the beginning he was super nice and basically told me he was falling for me and wanted to make me his girlfriend. He got out of a 10 month relationship in December , FYI. anyway the past few times that we have been hanging out he seemed different and when we say goodbye he gives me the quickest kiss and leaves. Anyway I did something stupid on my part. Since I was not feeling the love and it's been two weeks since he said he was going to ask me out , i said I had a boyfriend. I then texted him saying I wanted to be with him but his response was "I don't want a relationship" I have texted him a few times since telling him I was kidding about having a boyfriend but no response. Do you think he was just playing with me!
and please I know I acted stupid please don't say anything mean lol

So I just texted him and said I understand if he doesn't want to be with me but I still miss him and be said

Okay I'll call you later.

Most Helpful Guy

• You tried to manipulate him to being more affectionate by saying you had a boyfriend. So yes, you messed up big time. If he had just gotten out of a long relationship he was probably nervous with his feelings for you and wanted to take it slow. The fact he even kissed you at all and then you said you have a boyfriend is unreal. You should have been open and honest and asked if there was a reason he wasn't being affectionate. And a word of advice, wait till you're dating to kiss someone. All you can do now is apologize in the most earnest heartfelt manner possible and accept he will probably not like you anymore and want space.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I think you are the one who was playing with him and he happened to realize it fast enough. It may be a surprise to you, but there are people who have no time for childish games.

What Guys Said 3

• i think you pushed him away one to many times and he is done with the games

• I think it pushed him away.

• aww no girl, you messed up Big-with-a-capital-B time

What Girls Said 0