For girls that demand commitment, how do you answer this question?

All these girls demanding commitment from a man: are you virgins? Do you not think it is damn right hypocritical to demand a man must be totally virtuous and pursue a relationship with the mythical ' one ' when we all know that you've all been around the block a few times yourselves? How do you expect the type of man that you've disregarded most of your life to suddenly turn around and worship your feet because you've decided that maybe, just maybe he is good enough for you to ' settle ' down with and that he should be appreciative that you even consider him? How do you expect men to respect you when you don't respect yourselves?

Most Helpful Girl

• Demanding commitment is pointless anyway, even if you are a virgin. He either wants to commit to you or he doesn't.

• Yeah, but girls have ways of eliciting commitment - e. g. the three month dating rule where the guy cannot have sex for at least three months.

• Where's the criticism? It's unbalanced with marketing pitches, which is what I went on to explain.

• I thought you were implying that it was misogynistic (which much of it is, to be fair).

Most Helpful Guy

• We all want & deserve grace and respect, no matter how bad we've been, unwise or poor shoppers. We need that in order to invest more in ourselves and in others.
    If you're not getting that, then keep shopping for The One, for she does exist out there, a perfect match for you... even though at times this match is/seems fleeting.
    Once you found a beachhead, it can be like planting a seed and cultivating it so it becomes permanent... regardless of past.

• I don't really think there is 'The One' as in one perfect match, though there may be more than one woman out there who you could love and adore and spend the rest of your life with just her and no other woman. but whatever, this question's not really about that. it is about when a virgin man feels uncomfortable settling down with just one woman because he knows she has an active sexual history and does not like the idea that there will be no other women for him but there was other men for that one woman.

• by the way
      all past sexual experiences actually were of NO use when the true The One appeared. We had to develop our own unique patter and SOP anyway, even though both very experienced. It was all new again... ironic?

• 'she was NOT The One, just lied & pretended to be... for inheritance $$$'

sorry to hear that (many women are like this btw).

'I would have remained a virgin when The One appeared'

even if The One was not a virgin herself, you would not have found this a humiliating ordeal?

'by the way all past sexual experiences actually were of NO use when the true The One appeared'

but, at least you could rest easy knowing you were not a virgin when you found The One.

What Girls Said 12

• No I'm not a virgin, but neither have I been "around the block a few times". Nor do I expect my future partner to be a virgin or 100% virtuous. I don't expect anyone to worship me or appreciate me. I don't expect respect, I earn it. As for self-respect, I have plenty of it.

• Ok Lumos, so are you cool with some virgin guy who just wants hook-ups or does he have to commit long-term to someone who is already more sexuality experienced?

• He's free to do whatever he wants. It's his life.

• You're right: non-virgin girls cannot expect commitment from virgin guys because the world does not owe them. Just a shame there are so many of them and all the shit virgin guys have to go through.

• I simply answer it by Yes. I'm a virgin. The extreme virgin type lol no kiss not even holding hands haha!
    And yes I expect to be committed, it's the least of things. Although I would also prefer him to be Virgin I might make some exceptions... Specially if he wasn't a fuckboy.

• Well that's ok because you're a virgin, so no double standards there.

• Why the fuck would a woman not deserve commitment from someone just because she's not a virgin? That is stupid. Unless of course she is expecting him to be a virgin.

• Yeah, or if the guy that is a virgin looking for a girl and ask the girls say he must commit first, even though they are ask sexually experienced.

• I've heard a lot of arguments saying that commitment is a way to make sure they don't have another option, so they can 'win' when something happens. I personally think commitment grows more important the longer you're with someone, but at the same time it's harder to have commitment when you're with someone for so long, since for a lot of people, it gets boring. Does being a virgin really matter though? If these girls/boys have had previous relationships, it'd be very selfish to ask for the other to be virgin, hypocritical even.

• Yes it would be hypocritical. But I am not even taking about them expecting this. Just that if a man has interest in a woman she expects commitment regardless of the fact maybe her might want more than one partner in his life so that he will not feel inadequate compared to his long-term partner.

• If there is any 'demanding' going on in your relationship, you're doing it wrong (or she is).

• Well for it to be a relationship, there needs to be commitment. And yeah: women for the most part are like this about commitment, even when the guy is inexperienced, they do not care that he wants more than one partner in his life. He has to choose one girl or he will never have sex.

• Very true...

• it is true, and sad (mostly for the nice guy). in a perfect world, more girls would fulfill the nice guy's sexual needs before they demanded commitment but alas, women are far from perfect. in any case we can discuss further by p. m. if you are interested, otherwise, I must digress.

• Nonsense... stop watching Disney movies, romcoms and pick up a book.

• Yes I'm virgin never been kissed, Tell him I don't give milk for free lemme see how much I worth to you with that paper first "words" doesn't work with me

• this is fine - you have a right to impose such standards if you are virgin yourself.

• Well, I am a virgin but even if I was not I would still expect commitment. I also think that the guy I am with should expect commitment from me, whether he be or virgin or not. I see no hypocrisy in my views on this.

• Would you care that the guy wanted more than one partner? He did not want to commit to you because he knew that he would always feel inadequate about you being more experienced than him?

• sometimes that is the only option due to the severe shortage of available women that are interested in inexperienced men.

• To me, there is no point of getting into a relationship if you're not going to fully commit to your partner. I expect him to commit to me and I will also do the same in return.

• I like my guy to be an expert. lol meaning he lost his virginity a long time ago. why? because if he can treat me right his pass doesn't matter

• Yeah but if you had a new partner and you found him attractive would you make him commit, even though he had not had a sexual partner once in his life and was hoping to have more than one?

• hoping to have more than one sexual partner? you or she is pushing it. if you say you are willing to commit I hope you mean. you guys as a couple trying your everything to work things out because you like each other and enjoying sex, lots of sex. and not with different people just the two of you. that's commitment.

• well the average number of sexual partners for men is 7. even for women it is 4. so for a virgin man to say they just want two partners in their life, all they are saying is they want half of what most women have. and really and truly, all that they are saying is that they don't want they don't want to be a virgin when they meet their partner for life if their partner for life has already had sex with other men. I don't see how that is pushing it because what they are striving for is already way below average.

• I'm a virgin

• ok then that's cool because it means you are entitled to your standards

• Well thankyou

• I am a virgin. It's not easy to be celibate sometimes, but I still choose to do it (I have my own reasons for this, I'm not religious). So yeah. I'm capable of commitment and I expect the same in return.

• However… I would not date SOME bitter virgin guys. I will run away from them.

• Well, then. Stay single and remain a virgin for the rest of your life.

Peace.

• and now you are making assumptions about me. let's not make this discussion about me: this is about the ritualistic and social humiliation of virgin men that is by and large ignored.

• Maybe the men she has sex with committed to her too... both men and women want to be committed to a partner if it's the right one how does the past affect the now...

• this is about how the virgin guy feels having to commit to a woman when he knows she has had sex with other men before (even if only a few partners). I ask because many women ask men to commit nowadays because they are thinking about these players that sleep with women and then bail, but they are not taking into account the virgin guys that do not do this either out of principle or because they have not had the opportunity.

What Guys Said 6

• i can't remember the last time i heard a girl say her man must be a pure virgin

• Look on this site, ask these girls say they would never have casual sex and any guy that goes out with her has to commit and not just be looking for sex. I am asking if the same holds true for if he's a virgin.

• Sounds like you have had some bad experiences and are a little bitter. A girl may demand hipocracy, but a women won't. Part of maturing.

• That's good to know but it seems even older women demand commitment (more so in fact) and do not care if the guy is virgin or not: he still has to choose her as his long-term partner to get sex.

• Many guys do make their intentions clear, this does not necessarily help their cause. As for older women, I'm sure most virgin or inexperienced men would feel sick about committing to someone who had been around the block so many times and now she wants THEM to commit.

2. Most late in life virgins have had their self-esteem wounded enough. They don't want to make matters worse getting a prostitute.

• When you say "older" what age are we talking?

• With the exception of religious girls, I haven't heard of them preferring a virtuous/virgin guy. If anything, most prefer an experienced guy.

• girls on here are always hating on guys that 'just want sex', etc. for example, on my poll, most girls said that they would not be willing to have casual sex with an attractive guy

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1934188-would-you-be-willing-to-participate-in-casual-sex-with-an-attractive

this would imply that they are looking for commitment from a guy. if it's true that they prefer experienced men in general, then that means virgin guys are ostracised from all kinds of involvement with women (both sexual AND romantic).

• Even with those guys they dont like the idea of a guy being interested in them ONLY for sex.

• yeah, just seems a bit weird really. I mean I want commitment at some point also, but I just can't really understand being totally unwilling to ever let your hair loose - eeever. but then I'm a guy, so what would I know? I don't see things the way a girl would.

• you dont get it, when it comes to commitment , the ones who used her won't take her shit, they know she is just a slut, they won't treat her like a human
    so she turn to that guy , he would eventually treat her nice, and be a pussy

• Yeah, well this is it: it's always those guys that ultimately wind up with the burnt end of the cigarette.

• Still he notices that she can't give anything, even sex , he get hurt, but eventually dump her
      Such women can't hold ltr

• Maybe, but the thing is it's not just girls with like 20+ partners. Even a girl with 1 partner does not have the right to demand commitment from a virgin. Maybe I'd she was raped or something, it would be different, but that is so rarely the case. Most of these girls are just being unreasonable: of course virgins guys are going to want more than one partner in their lifetime, unless they are religious or something (but this is not most virgin guys).

• Dude, she rejected your proposal because you cum too fast. Just relax. Do some Pilates.

• I would commit to a woman i have no problem with that.

• That's good that you would but bit still, not all virgin guys feel the same (assuming the woman is extended when they meet).

• Just because you would commit to a girl like that does not mean all virgin guys would feel the same.

• Oh okay.