Girls, does a man's financial status matter A LOT in a relationship?

It's the first time I find myself asking this question.

I met a man who is nice and honest. And I like that.

But the problem is that he is not financially stable, which can be an issue in the future. For example, I will have to travel alone because he clearly cannot afford traveling.

Girls, honestly. Would you ignore finances if a guy treats you well and is there for you?

But I can't deny that the idea of me paying for him is weird. I grew up in a culture where men pay. He pays mostly, but It makes me look down on him when he says he has no money. I can't help it.

10

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it is Not a Deal Breaker nor Maker if he is Not Exactly... Financially Stable but Good if is Able to work and is Not unemployed.
    Of course, @Bluelights, you Want someone who has Somethign going for him, and not some Fast food guy who is only a part time guy. You are working towards your own Future and don't want to be the main Bread winner neither , nor do you want to marry a guy who can afford nice things and can provide but is a Tight wad neither.
    Make sure Whoever you Choose is Who you want, Sadly Sometimes we Cannot have it All in One Big ball.
    Good luck. xx

• Dear Paris,

Yes, you are right. There is no petfect guy. There is always something missing. A guy may have a good education and job but a cheater at the same time-lol.

What makes me stay I guess is that he takes care of me and is available whenever I need him. The financial side is one of other things that bother me, but am just telling myself to watch and see what happens. If I feel he will ask me to give him money or so I will walk away and not look back at him, though I know he loves me

• You're most welcome :)

• :)) xxoo

What Girls Said 9

• My boyfriend is studying to be a social worker and they aren't very high paying in my country at all. It doesn't matter to me. I'm pursuing a career for myself and want to be successful on my own without having to rely on a guy for money. At the end I just want a man who is ambitious, has a career of his own and isn't lazy or relies on me for money for everything. Part of being together is working as a team so I don't mind paying someday for things if needed but obviously we both need to at least try to make a success together. that's how I see it =)

• I don't think so... My boyfriend and I are students, neither of us have any money, it doesn't really affect our relationship.

• At your age it's not a big issue my dear. But when you get older and want to settle down- you will start to see things differently.

• The only thing I would care about is if they have a job or not. If someone is sitting around with no job, not trying to make money, and expecting to live off of others, that is a very bad sign and a deal breaker. But as long as they are trying and putting in the effort, it doesn't matter how much they make. People of all financial statuses can make it. You don't need money to be happy.

• Yes he has a job. it seems he is poor in money managment- and he spends all money if he has it.

• It's a tough situation but I think that I'd prefer my man to be stable. More financially stable then me.
    I don't think I could ignore it completely.

• No, unless you're that kind of person. The easy fix would be to not go out as much.

• It's important to me that a guy I'm in a relationship with has a stable job and a car, he does not need to be rich but he should be able to make enough money for him to get food, shelter, car, clothes and have a little spending money left over for himself. This is why I refuse to date a man with kids

• No unless theyre working to hard or are a lazy piece of sht it doesn't matter. Honestly its not all rainbows and puppy dogs when theyre financially stable either. Actually in my oppinion its easier to be with a poir guy because he doesn't constantly look for prejudice along the lines of income or just assume you want his money of which you could give 2 shts about etc.. Anyway rant over. Money doesn't matter when choosing a man unless he uses it as axcuse to question your love etc. good luck.

• That's an interesting perspective you got in your answer. Yeah in my case he has a job but it seems he can't make both ends meet. He is trying to do extra work though...
      Thanks

• All i want is love ! I don't give two shits about money, money can only do so much.. Aslong as he can afford a house a bed, food etc. then we're good.

• It doesn't matter so much to me if he's rich, but I do prefer that he's stable enough that he's not constantly trying to get money from me, like my last boyfriend who was both poor and lazy. If I was rich, though, I may not mind being a sugar mama a little if the guy is cute, too.