How does the dating game work?

Hi all, I have seen so much crap about dating and all of that pick up trash script guys and girls tell each other to use. How do you start a conversation with a girl you like and see if they like you back? I am talking what is the upmost basics of this sort of thing? Just small talk and getting into more conversations and longer conversations and then it progresses? Or does it just go "Oh she's cute" and he goes "Oh she's cute" and they hit it off? Or is that all a possible situation? Thanks! ~ noob

0|0
2|7

Most Helpful Guy

• vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

I think you are confusing the notion between actively finding a date and stumbling across someone who you have to find romantically interesting. The first one is actually the dating game you speak of where many have different tools and ideas they should use to make them be successful in winning the person over. That's why it's called a game.

The second one is more of what you went on to describe in your description. That just happens whenever. I don't know if you seen the questions asked in this website but if you did you would realise that many people are so direct with showing their interest due to many things.

Telling you how it works isn't something that can be linearly answered and it's something you have to learn the ropes for themselves. I can give some advice though to avoid bullshit. Be yourself, be upfront about your desires and don't compromise on things you really don't want because in the long run it just won't be worth it.

Trust your instincts!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Its not complicated, everyone likes to see what is out there and make their seemingly valid choices based on where they are in their lives.
    - StandOut
    -Be nice, straightforward, not an open book
    - Enjoy you time (When you seem like you are doing more than moaning over your latest crush its a nice quality)
    - Keep an open mind.

Usually the right bee will flock to your honey, and you know don't think too hard on it if it doesn't last long, remember we all have our own stories we need to continue on with or without a companion. YOU can sulk its normal, just don't put all your eggs in one basket unless you're sure she's pretty awesome or until you accept her eggs in return.

0|0
    0|0
  • Start a conversation about something random. Don't over think it or play games.

0|0
    0|0
    • you see this don't listen to her GIRLS LOVE GAMES LIKE SERIOUSLY THEY LOVE GAMES
      SO JUST LIE AND LEAD THEM ON

What Guys Said 6

• Hahaha you are a lost soul.

I know nothing good can ever come from guys who throw around words like "alpha" and "beta"... but that "pick up trash script" works and it works well. Small talk lands you in the friend zone.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the scenario, and the scenario you describe doesn't make sense.

Is this a girl where you already know each other, or a girl you've barely spoken to but think looks hot?

0|0
    0|0
  • Be yourself

0|0
    0|0
  • Mostly it doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • who says it does

0|0
    0|0
  • Geesh. You're one lost kid.

First things first. Us men think we're initiating it, usually the girl is. She'll give you an extra look, linger a bit. Smile when you look back and such. Subtle nonsense. But that's as far as it goes.

Then you strut on over and you say hi. And if it doesn't work out, no biggie. Simple as that.

Honestly your problem seems to be with meeting people, not pulling them in. Meeting people is just about getting yourself out there.

0|0
    0|0