Why do I always fall for people who won't like me back?

I liked a boy who now has a girlfriend and had no intention of being with me he just wanted to get into my pants. I have really bad memories of boys and I just don't feel into them anymore however I like a girl now but I doubt she likes me even though we're quite playful with each other and mess around I feel like realistically I shouldn't get my hopes up because they always get torn back down. I'm so easily attached and it's the worst. What do I do? I like her but I don't know if she likes me so..

What Guys Said 1

• I have a very strong philosophy in life.

"If you let a dog into your house, and it ends up shitting on your carpet. Don't get mad at the dog, be mad at the person who decided to open the door in the first place."

This guy, he sounds like a real douchebag, but don't forget that ultimately you made the decision to let him close to you. At the end of the day we have to take responsibility for who we let into our lives, it's the first step to learning how to trust the RIGHT people in life. By learning that friendship and romance isn't some magical gamble that we have no control over, it's a very important skill that can be sharply honed with enough experience. Try not to let what happened to you taint a whole gender, I know it's easy to sometimes. After all, there are a lot of good guys out there, if there wasn't, we wouldn't have faithful and loving fathers and husbands.

As for your current predicament with this girl, the truth is, you always miss 100 percent of the shots you don't take. Better to have closure than to regret having never explored at all. I say go for it.

What Girls Said 1

• Want what you can't have?