Should I tell my Ex I'm dating someone else?

I broke up with my Ex boyfriend of 1 year about 6 months ago. I've started dating a guy and it's going really well. Should I tell my Ex so he doesn't find out from other people or just let it be?

Most Helpful Guy

• I totally understand where you're coming from, you seem like a very considerate person, and you just don't want to hurt his feelings. But I don't think you need to tell him because you two are done, and I feel that telling him would make you come off like you were trying to make him feel bad, no matter how hard you tried to explain to him that you were just worried. I feel this is better left untouched. good luck :)

What Guys Said 2

• What would be the purpose? To try and make him jealous? You're broken up so why do you care what he thinks?

• he is your EX... meaning ancient history... For that matter... it isn't any of his business, so why even tell him?

What Girls Said 2

• Why though?

What does it matter? Do you need your ex's approval? Does he still somehow dictate your life?

• Not unless you've been leading him to believe you're going to get back together.

• That makes sense. I'm been very clear its not going to happen.