Ladies of high standards of GAG: What do you look for in a man?

How does your ideal man look? How does he act? Is it important that he has a good physique? Good job? Etc.

Describe your ideal man!

Ok, here's one for the girls with lower standards: what does that constitute as? What is acceptable to you? How "low" do you go? 😂

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think people differ so much in standards; rather, I think just like different things.

If a guy likes thin women he doesn't have "higher" standards than a man who likes thicker women. Just different taste.

Some people are really desperate though and will date someone they don't actually care for mentally and/or physically. And some people are extremely strict about what they like and don't like. Those people are outliers.

Anyway, personally..

In general, I like guys who are average in height or taller but not suuuuper tall, although I can and have been attracted to guys on the shorter side and taller as well.
    I like guys who are fit and muscular but not ripped, but have found guys who have a little tummy going on or guys who are really muscular attractive too.
    I usually find guys with darker features more attractive (skin, eyes, hair.) Again, not always.
    I'm crazy about full lips for some reason and can't recall getting attracted to a guy who had thin ones lol

Personality wise, I fall hard for guys who can make me laugh. Intelligence is *super* attractive. Being respectful and genuinely caring is really important to me as well. I want a guy I can have intellectual and deep/philosophical conversation with... I want a guy who actually cares about people and humanity as a whole, a guy who has empathy (guys aren't generally good with that.)

As for the job/car/money thing...

job? Yes. I'm 19, I work in a café, I don't expect nor even want a guy with an actual career yet. But I want him to have one. And a car because that shows self sufficiency or whatever.

Most Helpful Guy

• This outta be good can't wait to see and read all these shallow comments?

What Girls Said 22

• All I ask is that he treats me right, with respect and supports me in all that I do. Someone who isn't controlling and someone who isn't afraid to have fun and try new things. Adventurous, spontaneous and MUST have a sense of humor because I crack jokes all the time and I'm also very sarcastic. Someone who can accept me for who I am. I can be an emotional wreck at times and I can be a blunt bitch. I can also be the biggest sweetheart, it all just depends lol. Someone who also won't expect me to support them. Two out of the three boyfriend's I've had in my life I had to support financially. I have no problem picking up the bill once in awhile but I am not a personal ATM.

As for appearance, the most I really like is dark hair, colored eyes and a nice smile. I've dated guys of all body types, different jobs (some great, some not so great) and everything else.

• I don't know if you would consider these high or low standards, but I'm going to say them. 😂
    For personality I would like my partner to be intelligent (I hate dumb people >.>), funny (I like to joke around, so I don't want a vegetable that would just sit there like "wut?"), kind and loyal.
    For looks I preffer the 5'11" range (I'm okay with 5'9" too, but shorter than that nope, #sorrynotsorry), skinny (I don't like muscles.-.), darker hair and eyes (not necessarly, but I think darker hair and eyes look better on both sexes, maybe I'm just biased since I'm darker too 😂) and cute face (I'm not that drawn towards the typical "manly" type). :3

• I look for a guy who is kind to everyone and is sensitive/emotional. Also, I want him to have similar beliefs and outlooks on life as myself. I also want a guy who thinks deeper about life and society and wants to do something to improve the lives of others.

Look-wise I'm attracted to guys who are short, thin, and have feminine features (although these are just added bonuses). I'm basically looking for a girl with a dick lol

• I can barely fall a sleep, how tf am I ready to fall in love?😂 sigh I just want someone who accepting of all of me, the afrodite package... the whole thing! No hesitation or turn back's. The weird personality and furious attitude. Just someone nice I swear man. Idgaf about material shhhh money, car's etc etc. Man just touch my butt, let me nibble on u, buy me pizza and pound the 🐈🐈 like his last name is Mayweather😢😢 why is that so hard to ask for?😢😢

• My requirements are a oukse and a penis I'm not picky at all. Usually I like passionate, funny and/or smart.

• Pulse* not ouske my bad I've been drinking Lmao

• I want a guy who is understanding, and will pay attention to me. I don't like silence for days, I would like him to want to talk to me, not just at the beginning of the relationship, but through years of dating. He doesn't have to be muscular, just, average, not really skinny, or not skinny, I don't want to be bigger than him. Having a job at all is good enough. Also... he can't be a playboy. I don't want a guy who's going to run around with other women, then expect me to not be insecure. I would like to be loved. That's the most important thing. I want to be loved, and cared about. I'm really good at loving, but I have never received it in return.

• High standards lol!

• Yeah, I am single, and unmarried in my thirties. My standards over the years have definitely lowered.

• I feel the experience. Still waiting for the Prince charming?

• Hi. I won't mind getting to know you better. I hope we can talk offline. My digits are +2347059209064

• I'd answer this but I have low standards xD

Just be intelligent/funny, have good hygiene and be nice/loyal to me

• I dunno I have a "type" other then I like nice eyes and a nice smile. I like Adam Sandler, Freddie Prince Jr, The late Paul Walker RIP :( What do these guys have in common?

• Paul Walker was the freakin mannn.

• Yeah exactly, just a cool dude all-round.

• You know it ;)

• I have low standard. He has got to be intelligent and normal and can keep up a convo. NO need to be funny since i will be the one making him laugh but its a bonus :P

• Good that you're making them laugh, too many people expect guys to be humor machines or something.

• Lmaoooo last time I smoked I was at this electronic music party thing and these two girls were telling me how they wanted to have a threesome and one of them made out with me. The only reason this happened is that I was tripping out and thought I was dreaming so I went up to them and started saying ridiculous things, and then grabbed one of their arms and brought her over to a couch. I was like half conscious and I didn't even know what was going on half the time but it worked lmao I think because they thought I was amusing. When I'm sober I never do things like that

• @frozenhorizon Your "naughty by nature" side comes out when you get stoned dude

• I want him to be...
    - Funny
    - intelligent, Love reading & self education
    - best friends
    - Angry & Senstive
    - attractive eyes / wide shoulder & Arms
    - video gamer & watch Tv so we can match : P
    - personal hygiene
    - loyal can't handle breaking up 💐
    - always honest even if it will hurt me

• I'm not that big on looks but he can't be ass ugly. He needs to be cool calm collect. More of a thinker than a talker. Very smart. I'm not picky on body types. But he has to get shmoney lol

• Smart
    Strong (phyically and mentally?
    Can keep a steady job
    hard work
    Will stand up for what he believes in
    Tall (over 6")
    athletic
    Nice and good with people
    Friendly
    loves to have fun and out going
    He drives a truck (i'm a truck type of girl)
    He's loves being a male and loves to do male sports
    He's has to be a man's man
    this is my ideal man

• First and foremost he needs to be a Christian, he also needs to be sweet, nice, loving, caring, strong, cute. Protective, funny, smart, kinda nerds etc.

Basically my boyfriend lol

• Looks
    =
    Ruggedly handsome face
    Athletic/muscly body
    Six foot plus

Personality
    =
    Sexual
    Sarcastic
    Competitive

A good physique is a must but nothing without the face and height also

• What makes it a must? Why should I start bulking up at the gym? Not saying I don't want to, but honestly, what the real reason? What would I be doing it for?

• Yes, a sexual personality, meaning sex is a huge part of their life.

• All I am looking for is chemistry! Idc if he is hot or unattractive, but if we have this undeniable chemistry, I would date him. I also like sarcastic guys.

• This just confuses me on what standard i should answer to 0_0

• My ideal man is tall, educated, non-religious, liberal, and doesn't mind that my dogs sleep in my bed.

• Most of the ladies here haven't read the title!!! they don't even have high standards lo. l I want my man to be over 6 ft 4, make $120 k, family- oriented and kind

• Says the 18 yr old... 😑

• What are you going to do in the meantime and what makes you so confident? lol

• now, I'm focusing on school and I'm pretty good looking that means more options.

• My perfect man is a man with a fat wallet full of $50 bills

• Love the same things as me, be obedient when I ask something I want him to do it. Never, never think of an another girl than me and do all he can for making me happy. Be strong and courageous with a good personality (caring, nice).
    I want to be his first priority.

Look, casual and sporty clothes, better if it's a bit loose with good and cool brand.

I like white man, tall, blond hair and blue eyes or just a cute Asian guy

The most important things he has to have charism. DO a sport is a bonus.

• good smile
    fit and healthy mentally
    ambitious

• Does a good smile mean straight teeth? Or do you just have to like his smile? Also, how fit? Does he have to frequent a gym?

• just gotta like his smile, thinks about what he puts into his body everyday exercises weekly.

What Guys Said 1

• Can women who are constantly asking if someone likes them because they looked at them in their peripheral view be considered high standards?