Are most girls out of a short guy's league?

What do you think? Does the fact that a guy is short make most women out of his league?

Most Helpful Girl

• Quick answer: No

Reality is that its been proven that women want tall men. But some women don't care about height. In response usually short men are seen to be overachievers in order to make up for their height. They may get higher education (such a PhD, or multiple degrees), they may be boastful, they may try to get jobs with status etc.

You can either wait and find a woman who will accept you as you are or overachieve and have her recognize all the things you acquired and ignore your height.

Most Helpful Guy

• When a woman decides that you are less significant or desirable because of something like your height that you cannot change, they are already exhibiting traits that would make you unhappy if you ever ended up in a relationship with them. Think of it like this: all men are not equal, but we do have the same amount of.. let's call'em "Man Points" and these points are distributed differently on all of us. (this is just my opinion by the way.) Some of us got quite a few points invested into the height stat and we're 6ft tall. These guys who are 6ft tall may sometimes have points invested in their confidence stat and women rarely have the ability to make them ask themselves "is she out of my league?" As a result of their point allocations it's common for them to not be deep thinkers, or on here answering questions with detailed input. Lol.. if you feel a little salty, you could say that they're too busy being tall and likable to be on the internet answering questions. Shorter guys can move faster (normally), and are often aware at an early age that they are short, and as a result, they think about things like this on a deeper level. (still just my opinion)

At the end of the day, you should also consider the idea that the media plays a major part in what we all find attractive or acceptable. Many women instantly shoot you down for your height because that's how they've been conditioned to react to a man that is shorter than them, and most men won't pursue a woman who's excessively overweight because that's how we've been taught to look at women. People don't even think of taking the time to get to know someone if they don't like what they see. I think the movie "Shallow Hal" is a good example of this. People want what they want and not everyone is going to like you; keep being awesome and the right woman will take notice. Finding someone special isn't a race, it's a test of endurance and character building through experience.

What Girls Said 15

• I'm 21yo and 4'9" so I highly doubt I'd find you short so I would say it depends on the woman. Second, you are out of no ones "league", don't sell yourself short (no pun intended from one shorty to another). Maybe someone shorter is not their type. You'll find someone who loves you for so much more than your height. :)

• Eh, I mean I'm not really into dating guys shorter than me or the same height because I'm short. I'm 5'4''. I have dated shorter guys before because they were good guys, but the height did bother me a bit. It's just not my preference.

• OMG NO
    I'm 5'3"
    so finding a guy shorter than me is hard but when I do
    holy shit he's adorable!
    idc about height so everyone is either in my league or in a better league (cause theyre hot)

• how short are we talking? because even if he's 5'6" - 5'7" I'm okay with that.

• I rather not but who knows (:

• I'm 5'2"-3"ish so I would just want him to be at least one inch taller than me. My boyfriend is 6' but if he was 5'4"-5" I would still love him

• If he's shorter than me then it's going to be a problem.

• Nah, some guy on my course who's 19 is like 5'2, but he gets all the hot girls. He's quite the player.

• I would never date a guy shorter than me but I can admit that some short guys are handsome. Lucky shorter girls.

• No, I don't think so. There are plenty of girls who don't really care about height.

• All I care about is a guy who's taller than me. I'm 5'1. So I'm not that fussed. by the way when you fall in love every flaw is ignored lol. I've seen loads of short guys with tall girlfriends!

• Well… My father is 5"5 (165 cm I think?) and my mother is 5"4. So I guess as long as you are taller than the girl, you have a chance.

• My partner is 5'5 and for me is totally fine ! I'm 5'2 so he's pretty tall.

• I'm under 5 foot (only just) and I find it difficult to find men haha. But I wouldn't care if he was short (in fact it is my preference).

• I thought most men would have loved you haha

• Must just be my personality then

• I've known short guys who did good with women. It's a challenge, but it's not going to ruin him.

What Guys Said 9

• Most? No
    Some? Yes
    To put it another way, short guys still have millions of girls who are OK with it.

Also keep in mind that preferences are preferences, not demands. If the spark is there, most preferences will be forgotten real fast. Goes both ways, with men and women alike.

• I'm 5'3" but I've never let it stop me. It's a disadvantage obviously, you just have to make up for it in other areas. The average woman is about 5'4", so if you're above that about 50% of them will be shorter than you (although they might reject you being the same height because they'd be taller than you in heels). Most of the girls I've been with have been taller than me though, usually like 5'6"-5'7". I got told I make up for it by being "hench". One of the main reasons women prefer taller men is because they feel safer with them, but I also used to box and wrestle so that kind of works in my favour too.

• Yes it does.

• Eh some are, some aren't. I think being short is only a problem if you also have a really shitty personality.

• But there are girls out there who reject guys solely on their height alone.

• Possibly, but there are other girls who don't.

• Probably. There aren't that many girls who would date a guy below 5'10.

• Maybe, but i'll drag em down to my league!

• Yep.

• He's screwed with the women who like height a lot.

There's a bunch of women who dont' care much, and it's not just 'less attractive' girls who are settling (though that also happens). There are hot women who don't care. So he may need to hit on more women because lets say 2/3 reject on height, but the 1/3 don't care. SO he'd need to hit on three times as many women, but if he does, has just as good a chance of getting a woman in the same 'tier'

• Nope. There is no league.