After being rejected, should I be concerned about whether or not that she thinks that she hurt my feeling, but really didn't?

I asked a girl I like on my job if she would like to go to lunch with me. (We've barely talked much prior to the fact. She knew that I liked her though. Told her months before.) Well, she said No. Not the actual word but I could tell she was trying not to hurt my feelings. After I asked she seemed flattered that I asked but by her reaction... At that point I got the message. I smiled and said "its cool". I walked away.

As I was about to walk away I overheard her say
" Why did he do that".
And she kind of hit her hands or the box on the table (not violently/ her voice didn't even sound angry) as she said it. It seemed like she didn't want to tell me no or something else to not make me feel bad. I have no clue. But I guess it is what it is. It all happened so fast.

It felt a bit embarrassing going to lunch by myself for some reason. But now I don't want it to be awkward when we run into each other. I don't want her to think that she hurt my feelings. She didn't. I was cool with it. Maybe I'm just overthinking.

Should I worry about this at all?

*deleted*

What Girls Said 1

• No, you should not. But unfortunately, nothing I can say can make you stop worrying. It's not something that can be controlled. Anyway, time will pass and the incident will be forgotten. Guaranteed.

What Guys Said 1

• What she does with the event is up to her. You shouldn't be thinking about it at all.