Is it ok to leave him if he is not husband material?

My ex was an ass. He would have made a horrible father and terrible husband. He often came off as pedofile with his fantasizing over 16 year olds. Who would want to have a daughter with a guy like that. He complained he didn't want to be controlled by a woman and that he should be free to come and go as he chooses. That he can go to strip clubs when he wants and doesn't need permission from anyone. He frequently neglected his 10 year old son, leaving him at home alone for hours just to go to car shows and races. His car was the most important thing.

Well I had enough of his bs and just stopped contacting him. I didn't even bother to tell him the issue because in the past when I did He just yelled at me. I met a really good successful guy who was the kind of man you marry and have kids with. Loyal, honest, good role model, good values, respectful of women, no kids yet but has all the qualities of a greAt father.
The ex by (the ass) calls me after a week or two of me not contacting him, saying he misses me. I pretty much told him " don't contact me, it's over, I am tired of your BS, and I found a better man" He was pissed. I think he deserved it because he Litterally treated me like crap. He got his wish, he can be single and frequent strip clubs all he wants. Was I wrong? It felt so good. Oh and that was 2 years ago. I am now engaged to the new guy. He is wonderful.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah... rid yourself of him.. he sounds like trouble.

Most Helpful Girl

• What are you talking about? You're free, you've a new life ahead of you with the good guy!

It was just a bit awkward you were seeing this new guy only 1, 2 weeks of leaving the other fellow, and without telling him anything? But it's been 2 years, why still think about it.

• Yea I didn't expect to meet him. It just happened. I had actually given up on love and then there he was, asking me out.

• Some things are just meant to be.
      Maybe that's even why you had that unfortunate experience with your ex, so that you could recognize and appreciate the good traits of your now fiancee. Don't look back on this. Congratulations!

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like the other guy was trash. A boy stuck in a man's body. sad story, but happens all to often.

• Stay with him all you can, till he leaves you
    And bea leftover who can't give a guy anything for the one who treats u nice , then say life is unfair

What Girls Said 2

• Sounds like the dream life.

• That's good did you call to get his son taking away? u hope his son is ok. I think it's fine to leave someone if they aren't future material.