Is it a bad sign if a guy I'm dating only takes me on dates that don't cost anything (unless it's alcohol)?

I've been dating this guy for about a month now and these are all of the 'dates' we've gone on: going out for drinks, going on a run, going camping with his friends, going swimming at the pool at his house, watching a movie at his apartment, and going out to bars with my friends. All of these do not cost anything with the exception of paying for alcohol.

He is a good friend of one of my female friends and she warned me that she has noticed he doesn't like to spend money on girls he's dating and tends to like girls who sleep with him quickly and don't want a committed relationship. However, I have not slept with him yet (and don't plan to unless I'm in a relationship with him) and he seems to want to see me multiple times a week, so I suppose that's a good sign.

What do you think of this situation do you think he just wants to hook up or would he potentially be interested in a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hard to say. I wouldn't worry about the money thing. A lot of guys don't like spending money and if he dates a lot, then of course he wouldn't want to (would get very expensive fast).

What Guys Said 1

• Are you a gold digger or what? Why do you care about money? Why instead of focusing on the money don't you ask him directly what he wants with you?

Maybe the reason he doesn't want to spend money on you is just in case you're like many girls out there who date a guy for free stuff until she gets bored of him.
    Nowadays you have to be very careful who you date.

What Girls Said 2

• I have the opposite problem where men want to buy me everything.
    I always refuse, never backing down which causes HUGE arguments.

• Yes it is. They just want to hook up cheaply.