Boys keep making my heart hurt :( what do I do to stop them hurting me?

Im 16, and every guy I speak to is usually a pervert, someone who I'm not interested in, or the ones that hurt me :(
They hurt me because they're confusing, they mess with my head, making me think they like me but they're not really interested. And they know that I like them a lot. It's like a game to them! They're not necessarily "bad boys" either, they're just regular boys who end up floating away leaving me feeling unhappy and missing them.
What do I do, I've come to the stage where I want a boyfriend, because I'm ready for that feeling of companionship and romance. Please don't say something like "you're too young focus on your studies" because I have been all my life and I'm doing well at school. I just want that extra part in my life.
How do I get them to stop messing with me, it's as if they start off lovely but then think "nah I don't want her I'm not too bothered how it goes with her so I'll just lead her on" what do I act like so I can keep hold of their interest and stop them from not really caring and then floating away?

0|0
1|2

What Guys Said 2

• Just be patient :) Don't let someone else bother you too much (I know from experience its way easier said then done) but just try :) Before trying to instantly get a boyfriend maybe just act friendly around guys and get to know them. If things seem to be going smoothly then you could go further and get him as a boyfriend. Just be yourself and enjoy life without focusing too much one trying to find a boyfriend. I'm sure you'll meet a nice guy sooner or later. But I'm also 16 so I don't exactly have a ton of experience with dating ;) Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Date girls.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Avoid them or grow thicker skin.

0|0
    0|0