How to ask him what we are? And what is your opinion?

I've been talking to this guy for 2 1/2 months now and whenever we hang out its always me going to his house and we make out or have sex or cuddle and stuff. But a few weeks ago I told him I wanted to take things slow. When we text we only text about 3-5 times a week and whenever I compliment him or tell him I miss him he never tells me he misses me back or compliments me back. So I don't know if we're just friends with benefits or if he's interested in a relationship?
It just makes me sad because I feel like I'm not good enough for him since he hasn't brought up dating and doesn't even want to text me every day. What is your opinion and how should I ask him what we are if I'm not sure if I want to date him or not

What Guys Said 1

• ask him. it would be best to hear it from the horses mouth. Say you like him, and want whatever this is to evolve into something more, and you want to know his opinions

What Girls Said 1

• Just ask "what are we?" don't overcomplicate things.