Would you date the most popular person you know, given the chance?

So, think high school. There are many types of people; the preppies, the goths/emos, the nerds, the hippies... Even when we leave high school, there are always the most attractive people who dress well, who are successful, whatever.

But not all of us date these 10/10 people, and we still fall deeply in love with our partners, myself included (I'm dating a super-nerd, and totally in love!) Nonetheless, I won't deny that I have had a crush on some of the jocks back in high school, or other more popular people that I meet now. I think that if they ask me out, I would still be flattered, and if I were single, I would totally go on a few dates with them at least. If my boyfriend and another popular good-looking guy asked me out at the same time, I might even have given the first chance to the popular good-looking guy.

So my question is, are the popular/well-dressed/good-looking people pretty much invincible? To avoid the obvious "if their personality is bad, I won't date them," assume that you know nothing about their personalities, and they seem decent at first glance.

As I said in the question, assume that while you don't know much about them, they seem like a decent person. My question is, would you choose the popular kid over a nerdy kid/goth kid/hippie kid/whatever, if both seemed like nice people, and there's no difference personality-wise?

Most Helpful Guy

• If I could go back to high school and relive things and was actually a decent human being and the most popular girl wanted to date me I would reject her because I wasn't attracted to the most popular girl in school. I have been always attracted to mis 20s to early 30s women so I had more crushes on my teachers who were fucking sexy.

• Haha I totally had crushes on my teachers too, although I'm sure they weren't interested in 16-year-olds :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on if I like them as a person

• As I said in the question, assume that while you don't know much about them, they seem like decent person. My question is, would you choose the popular kid over a nerdy kid/goth kid/hippie kid/whatever, if both seemed like nice people?

• Yup definitely! I asked this question because I wondered if everyone secretly wants to be the most popular person in their social circle (and if they can't achieve that, maybe they secretly all want to date the most popular person?) I think I didn't ask it well enough, though.

• I think you were on to something, I mean, a lot of people, teenagers especially, crave being popular and dating someone popular would give them that. I've never really associated much with other high schoolers so I'm a bit different, but most people in High School would jump at the chance to date someone higher in the ranks than themselves.

What Guys Said 4

• ""There are many types of people; the preppies, the goths/emos, the nerds, the hippies...""

Really? I never categorized people that way. Anyways, I would have been VERY surprised if that had been the case.

• I'd try it, but I never really had much to talk about with super popular people.

• I was the most popular guy at school some years. So yeah, I would totally date my sexy ass ;-)

• No, cause the most popular person I know is in a committed relationship

• Okay, assume that you and the most popular person that you know are all single. This is all hypothetical, in case you haven't noticed ;)

• No cause it's a male.

What Girls Said 0