Why does my guy say "for what"? when I apologize?

I haven't talked to my guy in a month because I said some bad things. He essentially ghosted me_avoided me completely. I finally got the courage to apologize. He says "for what"? Then he makes excuses for not coming by like he is taking the blame. I'm the one that messed up. I'm completely puzzled. He did this before to me. He said "for what"? when I apologized. I'm puzzled. What the bleep? Does this mean he really really cares about me? Then it's like nothing happened. Someone please explain this behaviour. HELP!

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it's just his way of saying what happened is already in the past and he has already forgiven you. So it's almost as if it didn't happen and he has moved on from it.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• He wants you to know why you're apologizing. For example I'm sorry then he says for what? I'm sorry that I wasn't listening and I started to assume I knew everything and I don't. Wants to know if you know why you should be apologizing. Don't take it so personal, don't say sorry just to say it you have to know what you did wrong. I'm sorry I interrupted you, didn't mean to act obnoxious, will you accept my apology?

• I figure that his probably forgotten about the argument you guys had a month ago. He could also be asking why you apologise. You just need to be specific, that's all. But I think that he just couldn't remember and forgot about the issue.