Is it bad that I am so bothered by this?

So I just started dating this guy who is 16. He use to have a permit, but that was a year ago when he lived in Arizona with his dad who is in the military. His dad is now stationed in Georgia, and this guy tells me that he is not at all concerned about his license bc he doesn't know how to get all that handled without his dad. Therefore he has decided to wait until he sees his dad which will be in the later half of the summer to do anything about getting his license/ permit. I have asked him about this situation multiple times and he just says that it's not a current priority bc he is focusing on school. Is it bad that this bothers me so much? I just feel like he isn't very independent and I don't want to date a dependent kind of guy. He has a job, so there's that but he is just so complacent with his mother and friends driving him everywhere. I don't get it

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It's a sign that he may not be that ambitious. If it's a problem for you then you're not wrong to be bothered by it. That lack of ambition can display in other areas of his life too. If you don't like it that's your decision to make.

• You're entitled to your feelings, but I don't see anything wrong with him not driving at 16. In some states you can't until you're 17. And sometimes it can be expensive to have to take the required driving lessons or to pay for insurance. If summer comes and he still doesn't get it, then maybe something else is going on, but I think if he says he needs to focus on school right now then you should just trust that.