Would you lie to a girl about liking her, just to avoid hurting her?

Would you lie to a girl if she askes is you if you like her, even tough you dont? Just to not hurt her or to make her feel better?

Most Helpful Guy

• No. You get the truth one way or another.

However it does matter how you ask the question. One girl asked me 'Do you have any feelings for me?" Well I wasn't opposed to the idea of giving things a try, I din't know that's what she was asking. And as I was fairly psychopathic at the time, and could feel little to nothing IN GENERAL, she was really hurt by my response.

• What did you say to her?

• I said 'No', but didn't add "I can't feel anything at all".
      She didn't ask any follow up questions, so left heartbroken. And only years later did I realize that she was really great, and was great girlfriend material.

Most Helpful Girl

• No never lie, just be honest, I rather a guy tell me he's not into me then lie and make me think he is worse thing, if a guy was to tell me I would be like ok thanks for being honest

• True but there are guys who lie straight up your face too! Even if you give them the opportunity to back out and be honest to you :/

• True that! :D His loss! I would have been an awesome girl for him but screw him :p Thanks!

• @pinkflowers88 yeah you dont have time for that trust me been there, waisted so much time, and when your done and over them you realize what an idiot they were lol,

What Guys Said 2

• Hell no

• No I wouldn't, because I will give her false hope, and that would hurt more

What Girls Said 1

• Most guys are idiots hun! They ask you out, kiss you yet the ones who ignores you. They say one thing and act differently... there are better guys out there!