Why would guy mention marriage on first date?

This guy and I went on our first date a couple a days ago. He was really nice and seemed like a great guy. Anyway, he was asking me lots of questions about myself, what I wanted to do in the future, why I didn't choose to study in his country. He then started talking about his work schedule and his future 'significant other'.

He even mentioned that there were salsa dance nights once a week and seemed to suggest (or so I think) that if I wanted to, I should let him know and we could go.

Why would a guy casually mention his future plans such as his future wife, kids etc?

Most Helpful Guy

• Because some guys want women to know their future plans so they no he is serious about being a relationship. And if she wasn't looking for that then he could (politely) move along.

It's something I feel ladies should do too. To weed out the players in the field.

• I guess so. We are both quite still quite young though (he's 25 and I'm 24) so it took me a bit by surprise when he said that. I don't usually hear guys saying things like that on dates, even though I do find it attractive when a guy knows what he wants in terms of his future. Thanks for your input :)

• What do you think about women telling guys there intentions for finding a relationship? Like on a first date or second date?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you have to establish that you both have the same end game so no one will waste their time.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• Cause he loves you n wanna knw whthr u r the one

• isn't it better that he did? He is not dating for fun

• No, I think it's great that he was talking about it. It's just that I thought that he probably wasn't serious as guys (the ones I've met in the past) didn't talk about stuff like that at all. He is quite young so it took me a bit by surprise.