How much taller or shorter do you want your partner to be?

I was looking at the average heights of men and women around the world and discovered that the average height difference between men and women everywhere is about 4"-5".

• None. Same height
  • 1"-4" taller
  • 4"-8" taller
    Vote C
  • Over 8" taller
    Vote D
  • 1"-4 shorter
    Vote E
  • 4"-8"shorter
    Vote F
  • Over 8" shorter
    Vote G

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm 5'10" so... I don't think there's really a limit as to how much taller a guy could be, so long as he's no more than a foot taller. :P
    Shorter? I'd be cool with up to 4" or so shorter. My boyfriend is a little bit shorter than me and it's honestly fine. The only people who seem to have an issue with that height difference are those not in the relationship.

• Well maybe height is not an issue for u.. but a tall woman and a short guy looks weird...
      and u will see very rare couples where the guy is short...
      yeah u can compromise on height if has the looks, confidence and sense of humor.

• Hahaha babe, masculinity - feminity is all that works in dating world...
      ur 23 right? maybe u dont know how dating world works or u never met a real masculine alpha male... thats why u dont know how this shit works...
      ever wondered why ur attracted to guys who ask u for ur number and if u dont give it to them, they just go about their life without giving a feck thinking as if its ur loss...
      whereas the guy who always act needy, insecure and always at ur beck and call... u throw them in the friendzone?
      ur 23 babe,,, u will take time to know all this stuff and how attraction works...
      its all masculine and feminine energy.

• @Hungry_Shark lolololo typical shit that most guys who believe in the whole identifying themselves via a wolf hierarchy would say.
      www.relatably.com/.../...35be357282ce6fce34c80.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• At least 1 inch shorter than me barefoot. I dont care if she is taller in heels although they probably would. I feel like girls dont respect guys/feel as safe with them if they aren't like 4 inches taller or more :/

• Yea I agree

• @Bandit74 i really like the word "safe" u mentioned here...
      safe and comfortable is absolutely necessary for a man to successfully seduce a woman.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 18

• Ideally? With girls, 5'5 is a good height so that'd be 3 inches taller. With guys, 5'9 is a good height, so that's 7 inches taller.

• i'm 5'7" so anywhere from 5'7"-6'3" or so is fine by me. my current boyfriend is around 5'8" or 5'9"

• also i can find guys shorter than me attractive, i'm just less likely to be attracted to them if that makes sense. but i have dated a few guys around 5'6"

• I like my man to be at least 6' but he doesn't have to be, as long as he's a couple inches taller than me then it's fine also.

• As long as he's not below 4'11" then I'm fine. I'll be a little wiggle room for 4'10".

• 12-18 cm difference would be perfect

• A whole foot taller

• You forgot the 'doesn't really matter' option

• maybe it's not important but I'm sure it does matter to some extent

• Probably to some people... I think people can be attractive no matter what height they are, depending on their looks and proportions... And that doesn't even have to do with their intellect, which is what would get me to date someone.

• Ideally, I like my partner to be 5 to 10 inches taller than. As much as I love to be in a relationship with a tall guy, it can be difficult to dance with him if he is too tall compared to me. Like how can I make it work? He will have to pick me and dance with me, lol 😝

• i said 4-8 although it's more like 2-7 i'm 5'5" so it''s a realistic and comfortable range

• I don't usually care. Uhm, my ex boyfriend was around my same height. I do appreciate a tall guy (or admire a tall girl) when I see one tho.

• Taller than me by like 2-4 inches.
    I'm around 5'5''/ 5'6'' and my boyfriend is 5'9''/ 5'10''. And I think he is the perfect height for me.

• I'm 5'0. I'd like him to be at least four or five inches taller.

• I'm 5'2" and I would like anywhere from 5'4" to 6'2" ish.

• At least two inches taller than I am. So at least 5'7 ish. Height isn't that important to me though.

• Same or higher don't matter

• Since im 5'5 would like a guy who is a

• Dont care...

• I'm 5"10. Same height or taller.

What Guys Said 14

• For males - anything shorter than them or same height is fine,
    For females - anything shorter than females is a major red flag for them,,
    and dont listen to anyone, height is most important for females coz they really want to feel small and delicate and feminine infront of their man to feel sexy, they can't feel that with a shorter guy.
    Height is very important to females.

• No, not really. Personally I feel that as along as he's not below 4'11"-4'10", then I have no issues. There's this one dude who's a construction worker who sometimes eats where I work for his lunch breaks and I think he's a good looking guy, and he's like 4'10" which is like 3 inches shorter than I am. :T

• If I notice that I'm not compatible personality wise with a person, then no matter what their I height they get dumped at the same rate. A taller guy has no more room for bullshit tolerance that a shorter guy. I will not tolerate a guy being shitty towards me just because he's tall, and if a short guy stopped being funny, then I'm fine with it to. I don't want people to force themselves to be funny just so they're liked more. I don't like fake people.

• I also don't care if the shorter dudes looks fade. Everyone's looks fade which is why when I'm with someone it's always someone I have a deep emotional connection with, and whose personality my personality clicks with.

• I'm kind og getting tired of looking at the top of my female freind's heads. Oddly enough I'm the shortest out of my guy freinds.

• I am 5'11", and ideally I want my girlfriend to be between 5'5" and 5'8", but this is not a deal-breaker. My current girlfriend is 6'0", and I do not mind.

• I've dated shorter and taller girls. Mainly medium is nice, but not a big deal importance. The girl I'm dating now is 5'6

• I prefer the same height.

• I'd like her to be about the same height.

• man I don't want a woman to be taller than me. A woman I dated wore high heels and was like a foot taller than me in them. Felt like a child, but in all honesty if she was strong enough to let me ride on her shoulders I'd be down!

• Being 6'3", I'd rather the girl not be taller than me haha. The same height is fine though.

• 1-4" makes making out simple.

• It doesn't really matter.

• Height isn't an issue but I'd prefer a taller woman at like 5 foot 9 to my height at 6 feet

• Tall like 175 cm, not that height really matters to me.

• I'd not mind her being taller than me...

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more