What is your policy for cheating?

• I forgive them if they say it won't happen again and show they care and that it was a mistake.
  • Unforgivable. Break up with them.
  • Depends on the situation.
  • Other.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be angry if we are having problems in our relationship and they try to cover up doing stuff with other people, I don't think I would immediately end the relationship but we would need to talk about what is going on a lot, and likely end it after that. It just makes me mad when someone doesn't communicate.

If our relationship is going very well and I can tell that they genuinely love me and they tell me up front that something happened with someone else, then I would likely be okay with it. It's not the act itself that's bad to me, it's the deception.

Most Helpful Girl

• If someone cheated on me, I would forgive them if they were genuinely sorry... but I would still break up with them.

I think once you've broken the trust at that level, it would be really hard to fully trust them again. Also, if someone is truly in love with you, they wouldn't have the desire to cheat on you in the first place... so I'd just assume we weren't meant to be anyways.

Someone who has the character of a cheater won't magically change just because they got caught. It's either who you are as a person, or you're not that person. Unless this is happening in your youth, a cheater in their mid-late 20's and up isn't really going to change.

What Guys Said 25

• 1|2
  • No take backs, no do overs, strike one you're out! I get that cheating happens due to feelings of abandonment, being undesired, unwanted, or just generally not feeling good around the other person, however, it is best to bring it up long before it gets to infidelity. If I couldn't resolve the issue I would break up then find someone, not act on my feelings and emotions.

• Once a cheater, always a cheater. Immediately dump them and don't look back. If they didn't respect you enough to stay faithful, or at least break up with you before they fucked someone else, they will do it over and over since you will take them back.

• Loyalty is the most important thing. Betrayal is the shattering of all trust and loyalty. I will never give someone who betrays me a second chance. when they know how highly I hold the idea of loyalty to each other, if they are willing to betray that, they deserve nothing but scorn, or even hatred.

• When it comes to cheating, my view is simple... I am a man of honor when it comes to my woman. If I can be good and not cheat on her, then I would expect the same respect from her.

Once she cheats, my respect for her collapses and there is no going back, it is essentially over!

• audi 500

• To me there is no excuse for cheating. If it is one do to a person not being love right then, the couple should break up or talk about what can be differently and put their discussion into action.

• My policy on it is don't do it and there is no excuse for it, does not matter what your intentions were it's wrong regardless.

• it has changed over time at first it was it can be forgiven now i would just leave because i wouldn't want the aggravation.

• Don't get caught

• Well people cheat when their relationship is over without their partner knowing about it.

• Instant and immediate deal-breaker
    I don't give a damn about your reason

• that's disturbing... when something happens so often you have to develop a policy... like all employees must wash their hands...

• I have no such legislature.

• It's grounds for divorce. I suppose I COULD forgive her...

• If someone cheats on me it's over and I'll probably never talk to her again

• People who forgive are weak and stupid.

They lack self esteem and support tbh.

• Cheat to win

• Break up unless they were date raped which is still kind of cheating and bothersome

• Valar Morghulis - All cheaters must die

• I can forget about it
    but I won't trust them anymore

• nothing wrong in cheating.

• If you're not married or with kids, just fucking break up.

If you're one or both of the above, depends. A is required, but probably not enough - the relationship was flawed, not just their response to it. Things need to improve AND they need to show they'd react differently if they felt the same way again.

• My police is that I don't go with the ridiculous and antithetical-to-human-instinct implicit social contract of "only me". I don't care who she sleeps with, so I never have a problem with cheating.

All you idiots have fun getting cheated on and repeatedly having your heart broken.

• inevitably getting cheated on*

• Anyone who says "Unforgivable. Break up with them." doesn't have much experiece. Yeah usually I'd break up with them but it depends on the situation

What Girls Said 17

• I have boundaries within a relationship , so if a guy cheated on me i would leave him. I could never forgive any kind of betrayal. I would never cheat on a guy, so i won't accept less than i am willing to give.

I'd leave him, cut all means of contact so i could heal and move on from him

• My policy is pretty simple; you cheat, I'm done with you. I don't care what your 'alibi' or reasoning in an attempt to justify it is. I look at it as a pretty black and white issue.

• If you cheat you are no longer alive to me.

• I learned that lesson the hard way. Once they get a way with it the first time, they believe they can continue to get away with it

• why they don't just break up at that point because they want to do things with other people is beyond me

• I will never put up with that shit... unless that person cries and begs to take her back... even then i won't be able to trust her completely.

• @bertmacklinfbi and @hungery_shark exactly my point. They don't really want to be with the person and just use them. I wouldn't even believe the tears. My ex cried to me about how it was a year ago and meant nothing but once I "forgave" him he continued his behavior

• deal-breaker; i'm more likely to forgive (though not get back together with) someone who comes clean, but i can't be in a relationship with someone i don't trust.

• I can forgive, but I'll never forget. And once someone cheats, I lose trust in them. Without trust, trying to continue a relationship is pointless. I've been cheated on before. And I tried to look past it and stay. Doesn't work.

• I'm vengeful and I don't like to let go. I would probably stay with him and find every way I could to get back at him until I felt satisfied.

My first instinct would be to go out and fuck someone else.

• That's the line on the sand

• For me, there is no second chance if you cheat. Thats my policy

Seems like most people are in agreement that cheating is bad. A more interesting question would be "if we all hate cheating, then why do so many people do it?"

• Of course not... there is a huge risk of them carrying a STD.

• It's a bye bye for me.

• My boyfriend and I have an open relationship basically so

• Voted B

• It'll most likely end up with him getting dumped

• If they cheated on me because they thought i was cheating i think that's one story but if they cheated out of the blue i would have no tolerance

• I simply disappear from their scummy little lifes :)

• if you cheat we are done. it is that easy