Why do people say you can do better or you deserve better?

I was just thinking about this. Why do people say you deserve better? Or you can do better? This is just for the persons physical looks/ lifestyle.
I recently got left/dumped by this guy I knew for 1 1/2 months. I overreacted because he hasn't contacted me in 4 days and I accused him of playing games. He blew up on me and said I was too emotional, hardly knows me and he was busy. Anyways, this guy grows marijuana. He was sharing with me what he wants to do in life. He wants to become a rapper, help kids non profit, write a book and expand his weed business. He goes to school, has his own home and car. He's a gentleman as well. However, people told me " you deserve better than this". Why? I liked him as a person. He was kind and hard working. He used to do hardcore drugs and was in juvi. But he changed his life around. I'm just a normal person that tries to get by in life. So what makes me better than him? I'm still head over heels for him but he doesn't want me. I promise you I'm not "too" crazy, I was just skeptical because when a guy says they like you they don't leave you without contact for 4 days. I felt like I lost a good one because I assumed the worst. But he obviously didn't like me that much because we would've still been talking and sorting this out. Have you guys ever been in this situation? Have you ever really thought you were above someone because of their lifestyle? Do you think he and I are equal or do I really deserve better? It's a question that bothers me a lot.

What Guys Said 1

• those people only saw him for what he chose as a career, and thats growing weed.

fuck what others think. go for what you like.

What Girls Said 1

• Because that person sucks!