Would you date someone who is transgender?

while scrolling through my facebook feed i saw a picture of a young girl and her blog about dieting. i saw it mentioned that she was transgender and i was mind blown!, she looked like you average girl! she was actualy a bit attractive i moight add. but immediatly i felt less attracted for two reasons 1. she's 15 ( not going for a kid) 2. she was or is (depending on your view) a male. however i could not deny my interest before i found out these facts. so i wonder ladies and gentlemen... would you date a transgender person? dare i even ask to even be sexual with one?

note: if you get offended by this post i will not appologise. thats why i am putting this "disclaimer"... i have no hatred towards anyone that is les., gay or trans. i only have curiosity due to myself having no exsposure to such people. i actualy think they help answer an interesting question. what does it mean to be a male? female? and perhaps this question can connect with what it means to be a ceritan "race" or overall what does it mena to be human? i belive these things we able as taboo or controversal topics should be exploited and embraced in our world. however i do think we as humans have the right to disagree and debate on such topics. the worse thing WE can do is ignore and discriminate such things in our world. ***discriminate and disagree are two different things. for example i can disagree on liking cocanut but i will tolerate it in supermarkets and even in my girlfriends kitchen.

Wow too many comments for me to read but im happy to see this topic is being discussed. No matter what your opinion is its just really good to see. Will try to ask more thought provoking questions later! Follow me! And friend me plz!
Nvm im anon ha!

Most Helpful Girl

• I would like to say yes but the truth is I probably couldnt do it. I respect them and their choice to live as the other gender and think they are very brave people.
    And for the people who say its a mental disorder... the DSM-5 took that term off of being transgender awhile ago. Its now seen as having dysphoria instead. They dont have a mental disorder.

Most Helpful Guy

• As far as I'm concerned you can get all the right hardware but the software might be corrupted. Your a man or a woman by default. It's up to you to live up to your gender not for your gender to live up to you.

What Girls Said 38

• I would never date a trans person, sorry. I don't care if that makes me "intolerant" or a "bigot". I also happen to think that trans people should be treated with a psychiatric evaluation before considering swapping genders like it's something to take lightly. It's all only an illusion anyway and a bit selfish to try to be something you weren't born as. Sometimes people aren't born white, black, tall, short, whatever.. even if you feel you were meant to be that way, it's not always the case. These people are unhappy for reasons outside of their "assigned" sex. That's my opinion. Take it or leave it, liberals..

• no need to be agressive i made sure to ask this question carefully so that it wouldn't create such defensive answers. please take sometime to chill. but as for your answer i do respect it, but i will disagree in that its something that needs a psychiatric evaluation. i also dont see how its selfish? i mean who is getting effected besides themselves? who else should they consider? however i do agree that thir sexual identity issues could be more than just that but this is not always the case. but i leave you with one last thing. your reasoning is the same for when people put on make-up or wear certain clothes or act a certain way. additionally if what you say is true then with every single decision we make that effects our behavior we should be psychologically evaluated.

• @BlackBarbie1 nah, it's a year of therapy and living as a girl. Its not hard to transition since Obama care cover a it and they go to free clinic and planned parenthood. knew a few gay dudes as they where beginning to transition as women and one lesbian chick who is now a he

• @Dulcedulcexoxo it is hard to transition. It's not like going through a fast food drive through. It's also extremely expensive - if it wasn't, people wouldn't be online asking for funds - rarely would someone do it just for fun.

• No, I wouldn't date someone who is transgender.
    This individual choose to identify as a male and dress the part wouldn't change the fact that, biologically, they're still rocking a vagina. When I'm with someone romantically, that means I want them to be a guy biologically, not just based on appearance.

• They usually change that too, you know?

• @mikemx55 I've seen a video of the procedure, I know exactly what they do. using it as if it's a vagina doesn't make it a functioning vagina.

and a clit isn't an underdeveloped penis, it's a divergent organ from a common protostructure.

• @mikemx55 yeah I'm aware that the option of gender reassignment surgery exists. However, that's not the question (someone post-op is transSEXUAL).

Regardless, I'd be hesitant to date someone who's male by scalpel/attire. Aside from how they may look like a guy and be able to go through the motions of sex, they'd still have the cognitive/emotional functioning of a female.

• Not a chance.

First of all I don't support/believe in the idea of being transgender. If your chromosomes (XY) tell you that you are a male, then nothing can change that; you are a man. XX, then you're female. I'm straight, and whether or not a girl had surgery to change her reproductive organs and outward appearance, she would still be a girl to me. I just couldn't do that. The attraction isn't there.

Secondly, say I saw a handsome guy. I wouldn't deny he was attractive. However, if I later found out that "he" was transgender, I could not date "him". Whatever possible attraction I may have had believing that she was "he" would disappear. Regardless of looks, it would still be a girl. All possible attraction stops there. I couldn't do it.

I'd only date a man who has been born a man and is actually a biological man, not someone who believes they are actually a man in a woman's body. No matter how they change, the latter individuals will always be women to me.

• i am pansexual; thus, as long as he or she had the qualities i look for in a partner, i would date a trans person.

your biological sex is the parts you are born with (male or female), and gender is a social construct (what you identify as- male/female/both/neither. lots of people confuse the two, but it's important to keep in mind that they are separate entities.

• This is just my opinion and what I would I would do. It's just the truth and I mean no disrespect so no need to get nasty.

I'd give anyone a try because you might get a nice meal and conversation from it.

But when it comes to "dating" as a continual thing with an implied relationship that's "more than friends":

I would maybe date a transman if he told me he was keeping their present body or a transwoman if their physical transition was en route to completion.

But I doubt we'd last long because of philosophical differences. I don't think a gendered society is very progressive. Just my opinion, I mean no disrespect.

• Absolutely not because I am not gay. There is no "technically this or that" there just is. They aren't technically still a woman or man they REALLY ARE still a woman or man. Homosexuals have mental disorders and that's all trans people are, people with mental disorders. That's not a statement of hate, it is a statement of biological and psychological FACT. A woman will always be a woman and a man will ALWAYS be a man no matter what kind of insane mutilation they do to their bodies. This is something that should not be embraced it should be fought against. There's nothing normal about it because there isn't anything normal about a mental illness. They need help not encouragement!

• My gut thought is to tell you that no, I would not date someone who was transgender.

But maybe, if I met the person, and they caught me at a particularly open minded time... I could overlook it.

Maybe.

• No never I want a real man.

• Pre-surgery no, I don't think so. They just don't have the parts I'm attracted to. But post-op, who knows. It's impossible to say.

• Also I applaud you for keeping an open mind and admitting that you might not be the most educated due to lack of exposure, and making sure you're honestly not trying to offend anyone :)

• I wouldn't have a problem with dating a trans person.

• can i ask why? if you dont want to tell your opinion thats understandable

• fair enough!

• i think a lot of people are more focused on themselves than the actual trans person. its something i have noticed with a few people i personaly know.

• I honestly don't know.. I'd like to believe that if I found myself attracted to someone and found out they were trans my feelings wouldn't change but I honestly don't know that. I haven't had that experience.

• same here, it could be kinda scary to find out... but then again why should anything change? it doesn't mean that our feelings have changed or our sexuality

• No, I wouldn't. I would feel uncomfortable and it would be weird.

• why would you feel uncomfortable?

• not gonna judge, but if i see an opinion that just seems confusing i will comment on it for clarification!

• Ok, that's good.

• So many of these answers are sickening. I don't care if you don't want to date someone who is transgender but to say they're not a real man/woman (whichever way they went) or that they're mentally ill, of that they mutlilated themselves... Y'all just sound ignorant as fuck.

As for the question, I would date a transgender if I were still attracted to them as with any person. Also I'm not 100% how the "equipment" works after surgery but I suppose that would be a factor because well... I like sex. But if the attraction and sexual ability is there then I could care less.

• Interesting question... I'm not sure, probably not.. I can't really give a definitive answer for that, though. Only with the experience I'd know how I feel

• I would. People say they wouldn't but why would you not, as long as they've got the male parts and identify as males I would date them.

• well thats true! but what about genetics? many people think that is a factor? do you think these people are delusional?

• No way at all for me, my man is going to be straight.
    That is just my personal performance.

• 80% of them lying bruh😂😂 I guarantee it!

• I've seen it happen before and when they're around people they trust their answer would be different. You mean to tell me if one stepped up to any of them looking like Candice S or Adriana L hell even India Love or Eva Mendez or that Chopra chick they'd allllll turn the other cheek? #LIARSSSSS y'all would give it a second thought at least don't front now lol

• @FakeName123 ohhhh I'm stealing that one!

• You are welcome.

• No, I wouldn't. I want to date a biological male.

• Big nope

• If it was for a medical reason why not, they are human, but if it was because that person has or had a desires to be girl boy, in that case no no no no I'll only feel sick and yak

• Hell no

• I would not. The world or our own human nature will want us to be one way, but that it not how God intended us. By nature I am a drug addict, but that doesn't mean I should embrace that and spend my life high as a kite. Nor could I date someone who does. The same with gender. I have no I'll feeling towards these people, and would love them as my neighbor, but I couldn't court/marry one. I want to be with someone that shares my core values. And am sexually attracted to.

• I wouldn't

• If I was to date a transgender I wouldn't be opposed to it if he/she was attractive and has a good personality. I just know that they need to be attractive in order me to even think about it. I actually support the LGTB community by the way

• No I wouldn't

• why not?

• I am not into girls, so I just couldn't get past the fact a person was biologically a girl

• Sure why not. I'm transgender.

• No I'm too heterosexual for that. I really like guys and only dick but that's just me

• fair enough nothin wrong with that. haha but why not? if it walks like a duck has all the duck parts is it not a duck?

• I'm bisexual but yeah I would have sex with a transgender person

• I personally wouldn't due to spiritual and physical aspects. but if you want to, go for it!!!

• maybe !

• More from Girls
    8

What Guys Said 32

• No.
    I could go into biology or genetics to explain why transgender is a faulty concept. But instead I will just go into my personal preference:

I want a natural woman, with a vagina.
    Any MtF is altered by artificial hormones (that cause HUGE cancer risks down the line, btw), many by cosmetic surgery, and if they are pre-op they still have all they male parts, and if post OP? They have horrific travesties and mockeries of the opposite gender's genitals. Google picks of post-op vag or dicks. those are NOT what they are supposed to look like.
    Lastly, I'd like to have kids one day. It doesn't matter how much I look past be was born a man, had a dick, and it surgically removed, had a bizarre plastic surgery butchery done to his groin, and how much I fuck his fake, horrific looking pussy. He will never be pregnant, we would never be biological parents.

No, with 3.5 billion ACTUAL women out there, I would not ever consider dating a man with a severe mental disorder (and it IS a mental disorder. In fact, that is HOW "treatment" is legitimized! hormone blockers, artificial hormones, reconstructive surgery? all pushed through, and authorized by insurance under mental disorder treatment policies!) and fake genitals that look like they've been through a meat grinder.

• So essentially I'll be dating a guy? Fuk no lol. I don't care what you think you are. As long as you have a Y chromosome you are a male.

I don't see the point of dating if I'm not seeking a long term relationship. On the other hand if we were to be friends I wouldn't mind. Only do when things are affecting my private life.

• Im not homophobic or anything but i'd sadly have to decline on that. I can be friends with them, go out in public, do stuff together, but no dating and no getting intimate. i like playing with parts i DONT have.
    isn't there surgery for that now?
    you know what, that brings a question to mind. if you weren't anonymous and hiding, i'd have tagged you in it.

• Never. I am not homosexual and to be with a transgender person would be an act of homosexuality to me since I do not believe in their transition. That's not to say I don't believe that they have the right to believe or act whatever way they want, but I certainly do not have to agree with it.

• So, they have the right, but you don't agree with it?
      So, you don't agree that they have the right, right?

• too much political correctness to me...

• That's one of my favorite quotes

• No I do not date the mentally ill.
    I hope they can get the help they need.
    Sadly society has become accepting of everything and calling something a mental illness is not PC.

• Fuck no. Transgenders are not real women. Xy chromosomes make you a man, i dont care if you get a boob job and pay a surgeon to butcher your genitals.

• I don't date people who lie to themselves on a regular basis. When will people recognize that that is a mental illness?

• I could not, no. And if I'm being totally honest, I do kind of feel bad about it.

• No because I don't think they were really born in the wrong body, I think it's all in their heads, and I'm just not interested in dating a "woman" who was born a man.

• Maybe when hell freezes over.

• No, I wouldn't date a mentally insane guy.

• Maybe out of sexual curiosity I would if (s) he was very convincing. But starting an actual long-term relationship with a trans would be a whole different matter. Our belief systems most likely would not align, and I can't have a baby with someone who doesn't have the womanly bits on the inside.

• what do you consider a REAL or Convincing woman? not only that, is adoption out of the question for you?

• A convincing trans to me is a transgender woman who looks really feminine and gives you very little reason to think you're actually dealing with someone who was once a man. Would I have sex with a trans if she looked like a girl? Yeah, maybe I would. It's a kinky fantasy and all that.

But in my belief, only a biological female is a complete, real woman. So if that belief of mine wouldn't change I couldn't possibly have a long-term relationship with a trans unless she for some bizarro reason would agree with me on that. And even then she still would not be able to conceive, which would be a problem.

Adoption isn't out of the question but I'd simply really like a child who is biologically 'mine'.

• If they remove their penis and not have a manly face. There are a lot of hot transgender girls out there.

• very true, so you would date one right? or casually see (not sex)

• I would not know they were a male

• Can I ask you to search about the procedure?
      You'll find out that technically.. it's not actually removed, just transformed. It's not like they chop it off xD.

• No. I would not. I don't care how they look, they were born a male and that settles it for me.

• I wouldn't.

• I would only date someone who has a vulva and ovaries.

• No, because I am not a homosexual.
    A transexual is still another man.

• Why the fuck would I date a man with mutilated genitals when there's so many real women out there?

• Eh, probably not. I would prefer someone who's born, lives and will die a female both mentally and physically.

• NEVER.

someone cuts their parts off, go on hormone therapy and they are female or male?

they still got two x chromosomes.

technically, you are fucking someone of the same sex.

• so you would say people are only their parts but nothing more?

• you're born a male your a male, you're born a female yore female.

i know where you're getting with that question but let no man change what God has made male or female but i m sure the whole LGBT community hates all abrahmic religions.

• No, never.

• Not a chance.

• The problem is... they wouldn't be able to have biological babies...

• No, no, and no. Never. Nope.

• I'll date anything.

• I respect them, their choices, lives and their whole self.

But as a personal preference, no, I would not.

• I already know I would, so long as they tell me upfront that they're trans

• your very straightforward. why so? (im not picking im just curious) what do you concider a REAL woman to be? is it just parts or more?

• I fall for the person, not the part
      I know some people would call me gay, but I'm not

I've already seen plenty of attractive trans girls. If they look good, and not like Caitlyn Jenner (just looks like a man in a dress), then they're free game

The whole real vs fake woman thing means nothing to me, though I know biologically they're not and never will be

• No. And I did have a trans go for me and it didn't work at all lol.

• Absolutely not.

• Pre surgeries, no way.

Post? I don't know.

• More from Guys
    2