Do guys really need good social skills to have a girlfriend or meet someone special?

It makes me wonder if aspie guys have any hope since they have terrible social skills that can never be fix. Is there hope for guys with bad social skills?

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to be able to socialize with someone to form a profound bond, even if it's in a minimal compacity. I don't think you can never learn as I have a close friend who is "aspie" as you put it and he has improved a lot since he was young. You just need an understanding person and some perseverance.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just try to be pleasant is all. It's okay if you're a little awkward a lot of girls find that endearing and in this culture with a lot of "fuckboys" a lot of girls may even find it as a breath of fresh air. Just have the confidence to approach and then just try to be cheerful and respectful and you should be fine.

What Girls Said 5

• You should really aspire to good social skills for yourself if nothing else.

• No. Because there are hermit women as well lol
    But it's going to be a lot harder for y'all to find each other seeing as y'all don't go outside! And when you do, you refuse to talk to people!

• I don't think so. I could write a manual for guys like you.

• No women love guys who have zero social skills LOL come on seriously? You can ALWAYS fix and learn how to do anything. Especially social skills. Don't sell yourself short.

• Practice makes perfect.

• Have you tried talking to her through Facebook?

• Does she have a message button?

• No. She doesn't have a message button.

What Guys Said 13

• I would have to say YES in a big way
    only to be contradicted by movie stars not seemingly to posses them like Johnny Depp, Marlon Brando, James Dean, Humphrey Bogart, et al.

Glad to report The One is out there, at least one for each of us - as the perfect match.

• Yeah you need social skills if you want a decent girlfriend. Most women are very traditional still despite all the shit you read on here. It's built in and they accept it. They want led. They want a confident man they can follow. The heart makes you strong. The heart overflows the mouth. So what you say and how you say it marks how strong you are as a person. Women respect strength and will only follow men they respect. If you're heart is pure you'll never say the wrong thing. If it isn't you'll never say the right thing. A good tree doesn't bear bad fruit and a bad tree doesn't bear good fruit. I know this is cryptic but joining the dots yourself makes the lesson stick better. You judge people by their words. An believe me women are very judgmental. Theyre like rabbits. One wrong move sends them scarpering for cover

• If u can make a girl laugh, u can make her do anything.
    Just go upto a girl and try to make her laugh... thats it.
    If you're all serious,. no woman will like that and she can't feel safe and comfortable around u..

• Yes
    ya there's hope.. to improve your social skills!

• Yeah just don't give up. Don't get having no confidence and aspergers mixed up its different. Set your mind to it and it will happen, pray for it, visualize it

• A friend of mine has aspergers and he doesn't seem to have trouble meeting girls. He had terrible social skills in high school but he gets some hot girls. Probably cause he's a good looking guy too..

• Most of us start out with bad social skills - and never fix it... Can you change it slowly though?

• I'm just like you. Not very social, but I'm going to definitely try to put my self out there! You should too. We are all just trying to not be the 40 year old guy who sits at home an plays mariocart.

• It does help.

• I would say yes, good social skills are essential.
    I had them, but could almost not get a date until I passed the age of 30, because I was not a player, or some version of the sociopathic bad boy.
    I have observed that to be successful with females in the age range of the asker it is also necessary to be a sociopath.

• You need the social skills to know when you meet someone special.

• Yeah, we just have to lower our standards. We get the ugly girls, cuz there's less competition for them.

• I know aspies who have significantly improved their social skills by studying them actively.