How often do you talk to your significant other during the week?

I'm in college and I've been seeing this really great guy for about a month and a half. We consistantly are together on the weekends and do fun things, however during the weeks, we never see each other and we rarely text/talk. He brought it up once, saying that he works 20 hours a week in addtion to a tough work load (he's in microbiology), so he doesn't really do anything, even with his friends, during the week.

I understand not being able to go on dates during the week (I'm also very busy), However, I can't help but feel concerned that he doesn't even text to say hello or how's your day until Friday afternoon. He knows that I have a flip phone and am not an avid texter, but I still worry that he's not very serious about this relationship if we only are together on the weekends.

So, my question is, how often do you and your love see each other/text on the phone during the week? Am I overreacting, or is there something to be said about his absence during the week? Thank you so much for your input!

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and my now ex - Way too flipping much.

Enjoy your solitude. If you talk/text continually, it creates a normal expectation that you will always be available. Once that becomes the norm it makes it very hard to simply "be" and miss a call or text because you were otherwise occupied without your significant other getting butt hurt about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hmm.. does seem weird. I know guys aren't big texters anyway and he really could be focused entirely on work during the week, but he should at least have the courtesy to text you hello and good night every day.

To answer your question, me and my boyfriend both have busy schedules but we talk twice a day on the phone, sometimes once before bed, and text casually throughout the day, every day. We see each other once a week and sometimes twice a week.

We've been dating for one year and have been through many hurdles, most of which included some of the issues you're facing.. he was unavailable because of "work", never texted, called, was emotionally there for me, etc..

I broke up with him after about 4 months of dating and that's when he realized what he had I guess and has been perfect ever since.

What Guys Said 2

• 3 times as were both busy with our own lives.

• Every day

What Girls Said 2

• All the time! But school comes first! (: I am okay with that!

• Everyday, though out the day. We text because we are long distance currently.