How long is good to date before Moving in together?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• OHHHHH BROOOO YOU AND YOUR LADY HAD THE TALK?

• hahaha everything is in the works and in progress.
      Bro I calculated my mortage... so 2000sq ft 3 bed, 3 bath (2.5 technically) brand new house for.. about $230K, $1400/mo... compare THAT to sf bay area!! lol where I was paying $2,300/mo. for 1bd 600 sq ft apt.

• Ya the seller accepted @ about $230K and the property is under contract. and is currently just framing Lol. I have tons of paperwork to fill out to finalize financing. It's a preferred lender so they are going to cover half of my closing costs, so that's nice. Going to meet with the design team to go over customizations next week. I took my dog there yesterday and just walked around the commons lawn areas so he can get familiar with it

• Dude, congradufuckinglations! How much down payment did you give? Still sounds like a steal at that price!

What Girls Said 31

• When your relationship is stable enough. When you have had fights where you think you would never recover from but you did. When you have established unwritten rules in the relationship. When you know that person like the palm of your hand. When you have gone on trips together without wanting to kill each other during that time. I'd say give it at least two years. Believe me, I moved in with my ex after 6 months and it was the worst mistake I ever made. You have to be at a point where you can deal with someone being in your space about 90 % of the time.

• Hmm I think it depends on where you both are at in your relationship, like if you're spending heaps of time together at one house and another and don't rush out when you can to get your personal space, might as well move in together because one person is not staying in their home enough for it to be worth the rent lol. Moving in will obviously be a change, even if it's an increase of seeing that person 10 more hours than you usually do because you live with them, I would say go for it when you feel its right, if you end up moving out, you move out if it works, it works!

• I would say 2-3 years. The reason why is because I moved in with my ex 14 years ago just free two months and the guy before him was only a month. So, I wish I wouldn't have done that but, life's situations had put me in difficult circumstances at that time.

• Like a good date as in how long it should be?
    I think if you two are ready to head each other fart, share tooth brushes, and wake up with morning breathe and bed hair it would be about 2 years.

Reason I say two is because even then you two are still getting to know each other yet you have been together long enough to live together.

• I'd honestly say a year and a half to two years/

I moved in with my ex after 8 months of dating and we broke up two months later. It was pure HELL because we continued to live together almost two years after our break up. I think after a year and a half/two years you really get to know the person to an extent where you can be comfortable with each other's habits and know that living together you won't annoy the crap out of each other.

• Omg that sucks! I remember you saying something brief about that :(
      Kayleen I'm buying a hoouussee!! XD I'm so excited lol

• Yeah, it was shitty lol.

Well congrats on the house! lol.

• It really depends on the couple and the dynamic of the relationship, and whether or not each of them can make plans for the far future that also include their SO. If you can't do that, then you're not ready to move in together.

To give you an arbitrary time frame, I'd say at least a year. Although my husband moved in with me after only 10 months or so (the last half of which was an LDR). He came back to Canada with a renewed visa, no money, and no place to live, lol.

• I think it depends on the people. Like some people will want to wait and some won't and you just have to do your best for you.

• AWWWW! Your planing on moving in! That so cute! <3

• I would say at least a year. That way you know that you're fairly committed and you probably won't cut and run at the first sign if trouble. Still, get a lease that you can afford on a single salary, just in case.

• Ya, I'm planning on buying a house!! I haven't been this excited in a long time!! :D :D

• Congratulations! Make sure you can afford your mortgage!

My aunt and her husband got themselves into a huge mess with their mortgage. It ain't pretty.

• Thanks! Yes, I am pretty damn good with my finances. :)

• My ex husband and I lived together from the time we started going out. Our situation was different though. His sister was my best friend and I moved in with them and we started dating 3 days later and 6 months later we moved into our own place. Depends how much you like the person and want to invest that kind of time with them.

• It depends on the couple. If your gut and mind are torn, maybe making a pro and con list would help. Sometimes people need more time, while others are totally comfortable doing that sooner.

• I don't think there is a good exact "time". It all depends on the couple... If you two have talked about it and you feel like youe both ready, then do it. It could be two months into dating, 8 months into dating, 4 years into dating, or when you both get married. Whatever feels right to you.

• Whenever you guys have a great understanding in your relationship. Have already been through a few disagreements and reg. Relationship stuff. There's really no time limit, it depends on the two. If you have actually spent the night and stuff and exposed how you live and such.

I'm scared of this, it's a big commitment though.

• I don't know I never moved in with a SO but if I'm going on dates it means that I am not having sex with those guys. An exclusive relationship is something completely different for me

I read somewhere that it's better to do a trial run before you permanently move in together. Also I think it's good to move in because you love each other not for money issues that way it's not like living with a roommate

• I'd say at least a year. You at least have to have a fight first, see each other upset or sick, possibly know families pretty well. That kind of thing.

• I was going to say at least 8 months, but read the comment below. Lol. I guess the amendment I would make is, be sure not to sign a long lease or get something you cannot afford alone if it doesn't work out? Lol

• alright Tim!! ;)
    well that entirely depends on how ready you guys are...
    it can be months, a year or more... depends.

• About a year or so, but each couple is different!

Oh, damn, Tim is getting serious, though! ;)

• Haha while I agree about "when she won't murder you", who makes the rules

• My phone is useless.
      Who makes the rules. Who gets to say "oh no 2 months isn't long enough to say it's love". I know a couple who met and got married two weeks later and are still together 15 years later. I also know people who wait 10 years before marriage and it fails.
      I say when it feels right. Life is about mistakes. If it ends up being too soon you deal with it then.

• when you don't wonder "she gonna leave soon, or is she staying.. Again." Then your probably good to go.

• We had been talking for six months (since April), became official in October and then I moved in about two months later in December.

• Until your relationship has gotten bad and slightly boring and you've made it through that without there being an significant damage lol

• long story short, i think anywhere from less than 4 months to a max of 8 months

• I'd say around five months is a good place to start

• I would wait at least a year , I mean their is circumstances such as fiances and children that may change that but i'd wait a year at least I think

• I'm moving in with my boyfriend after 4 months..

• To me it depends on how long you've actually known each other, not how long you've been dating.

• Hmm, it all depends on the couple in question. I'd say a year or so in general.

• Not before an year at least

• after engagement.

• More from Girls
    1

What Guys Said 22

• Oo is someone getting therious? ( and yes that lisp was intentional ) lol in all seriousness though have you talked with her about it at all or brought up the idea? her reaction should give you a general idea.

And honestly I think if you've been dating at least 4-5 months to a year that seems like the decent amount of time to go to that point but I find the mindset to be of more importance like are you or is he ready for that?

If you are but aren't sure if she is then just kind of bring the topic up in a conversation and like I said above her reaction should tell you more. If she seems receptive to it then talk to her about it and see how she feels.

• Whenever you think she won't steal your stuff or murder you

• I don't know if there's a specific time per say but I think at the very least you've to set your priorities straight before moving in together. It shouldn't upset the other things in your life like time for your friends and work, if you can balance that out. You're ready for lift off. It can be really gratifying if you do it right. Big step bruh. Good luck.

• Are you moving in together as a test of whether you should eventually get married, are you moving in together for convenience, or do you have some other reason?

• Well I'm buying a house and I don't want to get lonely and I'm not getting any younger tbh man lol

• Oh my bad, ya I don't know yet, to be determined!

• If she is moving in for companionship and comfort, have you spent enough time with her to know that you can survive having squabbles over the trivial things that roommate/lovers sometimes encounter? Did YOU eat the last slice of cheese? Have you had enough disagreements to know that you can handle those without name calling, throwing things police being called. etc?

Do you know her well enough to be confident that you share sufficient common interests to enjoy spending more time together?

Are you confident enough in your relationship that she can go off for the day without you wondering what she is doing or getting jealous/insecure? And does she have the same level of trust in you?

• Hmmm solid year, its fuckin awkward to move all your shit in then out if it don't work out
    by the way
    new gif haut stuff
    img1.joyreactor.com/.../...ecklace-nsfw-304207.gif

• Well one of my uncles in married for 30 years and he always say...
    date for 2-3 years before u decide to marry or move in coz people can hide who they are for first 3-6 months

• There are no rules for that sort of thing.

I had long relationships in which I knew I didn't want to move in and I moved in with my current girlfriend after 9 months of dating. And it's been great ever since.

You just need to figure out if that's what both of you want and if you're compatible with each other.

Good luck! ;)

• No time, moving in quickly will bring your qualities to light faster, so? Is there something you are trying to hide?

• when you are ready to put a ring on it !!!

• It's different for everyone (blah blah blah lol). But yeah, I'd say after about six months or so I'd start thinking about it.

• Rule of thumb, probably around 6 months. You sold be able to tell if they have any quirks by then but still won't know enough so that moving in together is boring.

Another way to judge is the length of a season of a TV show you both watch. If a show runs for 9 months, move in then. Gives you something else to talk about.

• Depends... Is the house on the water? :)
    2 days than ;)

• Mate all my fav physique BBers/fitness models were in Melbourne for a big expo.. I was following them on Snap, omg!! the beaches, the city, everything omg I want to goooo!!

• Mate, make sure you do it one day ! It's a great city, great pubs/clubs/culture 👍

• I think it's up to the couple.

• No cohabitation before marriage for this guy (I'm old school like that). Of course they'll always be sleepovers.

• I'd say bare minimum a year.

• 3 years.

• At least a year bro. 2 years is best in my opinion.

• Everyone is different. Just depends on the person.

• 5 months, 2 weeks, 3 days and 7 hours. Precisely.

• 1-2 years

• Dude it is a massive step. You need to make sure you are willing to give up everything you have and cared about.
    Once a female moves in, NOTHING you used to own will be good enough to keep. Your belongings will end up in a box in storage.

• Honestly I feel like 2 years is probably too soon even, I'd say 3, and I think it would be ideal to try living together (at one of your houses) while you both have separate places for at least a year before getting rid of one of them. I'm younger than you but yeah that's what I'd do because living with someone too soon and not making great decisions about our living situation really badly affected a relationship I've had before before.