How do older men really feel about young women?

Well im 18 and i usually date guys around my age but for a while i've been single because the way most guys my age act is just completely unattractive to me. i've never considered dating someone older until about 4 months ago, i decided to see what instagram is all about (im not into social media, and i didn't like it) but i followed a few rappers that were popular in the 90s (all i listen to is 90s music) on there and some followed back and i started talking to one of them (yes its really him, we talked through video many times) we were texting after i deleted my instagram and he was respectful and said i made him feel young (he is 43) and we got along well and we eventually became flirty and just started having a thing. we wanted to meet up but we live too far and he has a girlfriend (i normally wouldn't talk to guys with girlfriends, but its not everyday you get to talk to someone who's music your in love with) we talked about sex a lot but also about serious things, he told me a lot about himself and about how he's been depressed lately and about his problems and we had a lot of deep conversations but eventually, after about 3-4 months, he basically said he can't be talking to me anymore because he needs to focus on some things (the things depressing him) and his girlfriend is becoming too suspicious. i knew this wasn't going anywhere and the only reason i was so interested is because i love him as an artist, but now i want to be with someone older. maybe not 40, more like 30. but what i want to know is do older men really take women that are at least 10 years younger seriously? like would i really be able to have a relationship with someone older?

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated a woman much younger then me. I was mid 30's and she was 19, and it was great and fun, but there was conflict. The main one was the issue of children, she wanted one, and I had a teenage daughter, and didn't want to go through that again. She's with a guy now, and we're still friends, and she had her baby, who's now a nice young gentleman. In fact we just had lunch the other day me, her, and her son. now I'm in my 40's and she's in her early 30's and had we stuck together I think that we could have made it work, but I am happy for her, and glad she found what she wanted.

Most Helpful Girl

• What I've heard is that older men are way more stable than guys in their 20's.

They surely want sex, most men want that, but I think the chances of getting something serious with someone 10 years older than you are higher than if you would date a guy your age.

What Guys Said 20

• Yes you can. Personally age is just another one of those society driven judgmental barriers.
    I have been very fortunate over my lifetime to of had the age gab to be both ways around. When I was in my teens I had a couple of lovers in their 40's and as I became older younger women were still attracted to me.
    These sort of relationships are about the mental maturity of the individuals involved. Suddenly you find yourself drawn to the personality rather than their physicality.

• Older men love younger women, you make us feel youthful and vibrant, however if you're childish it won't last long. I've dated both age groups older and younger more than tens years difference. Personality is key, be cool and you will obtain a great guy for the long term if you want it to last.

• It depends on the woman.

Some girls in their early 20s are still basically vacuous teenagers. Others are very worldly and astute, and excellent company.

I've been in that guy's position (I wasn't as old as that, obviously) and hanging around with a younger girl can bring back a lot of memories of when you were that age too.

• yeah thats true. i always thought i wouldn't have much in common with someone much older then me, but we got along really well and surprisingly had a lot to talk about and agreed on a lot of things. and yeah, he always said i made him feel young just from talking about every day things and sending pictures of myself

• I dated a girl that was 22 for awhile and got along great... she was sweet and kind, and I think she liked me because, there was no games or screwing around. I told her that I am at an age where I just don't have time for games and I think she respected that.

She liked that I was settled and not going anywhere, she said some of the younger guys she was with often had to leave for work related reasons.

I think its whatever works for you... most older guys will not put up with a young drama girl though, so if you plan on dating older guys, be prepared to be dumped pretty fast if that is what you are into. However, if you are mature for you age and you want someone that will pay attention to you and make an effort then some older guys would likely work for you.

• Attraction-wise (purely physical/sexual) Guys of all ages like young girls the most for simple biological reasons (youth = high health + high fertility).

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...ctive-opposite-sex.html

Personally I think a healthy difference with the girl younger is most beneficial for a relationship - but with that I talk around 2-5 years (+/- a few more years in best cases). 30+ is defniitely too old though, because there is a great chance he will just want to use you or is simply mentally backwards or some other reason why he is looking for THAT big a difference. I mean it is close to double your age.

• Of course they do. My mate, he's older than me, met his wife when she was only 14 and he was in his 30s. He owned a shop. She loved his patter. He's very very funny. They were just friends for years until she was old enough then they dated and married. They've got 4 sons now and have been together 20 odd years and still dance and have fun. They're happy. A lot of girls prefer older men coz young boys act like dickheads. I couldn't talk to a teenage boy any more either. I'd end up belting him in the mouth for being annoying. Young women aren't to every guys taste but there is guys out there who like them

• Well I tend to stick to an age radius of 5... 5 years younger or 5 years older... I've been single for at least 10 years now I think... wow... that is depressing now that I think about it... not that I really count that one girl that went out with me and then shortly afterwards cheated on me.

• Sure you can have a relationship, but you're too young for marriage, and most of the 30 year olds are thinking of settling down.

• As a 21 year old male I prefer girls around the age of 18/19. I doubt this desire changes much for men as they age

• Being 31, I like that 18 y/o are fun, bubbly and attractive, not all are, of course.
    In you situation, I think you need to find someone that matches your current maturity. Maybe an older guy, like late 20's/30's could be better for you.

• Older men cares about younger women rather then younger guy, They are experienced through all matters of love and sex both

• Most of them are more than willing to date younger women

• Im 20 n consoder myself pretty mature for my age..

• Why not? It's all about connection. My aunt (45) is in relationship with my friend (27)

• They are great for friendships, or sex, but never relationships

• They want in your pants silly.

• Yes I've dated girls 15+years younger I actually think young girls and more open and mature.

• There are plenty of exceptions, young women who are mature in outlook but I think generally the kind of older guy who goes for a girl in her teens is afraid of women and wants someone weak and pliable.

• Yes it is possible. In my opinion I believe older men treat younger women well, most cases, not all. Older men tend to like younger women for numerous reasons. Maybe she makes him feel younger, or he's tired of older women who may tend to nag more, again not all but a lot. Myself being 37 now, when I was 26 I was w a girl who was 18. We got along very well. For me it wasn't about feeling younger or anything like that, she was just fun to be w, introduced me to things younger adults were into, spontaneous as far as let's take off w no plans or destination in mind. We had a good time, unfortunately it didn't last because I got stationed some where else. Email me, let's talk.

• You have someone in mind as far as an older man?

• well yeah i know about all the consequences and whatnot, but im not thinking about it all too much just yet since im not even sure where this is really going to go and if i'll even like him that much ones i really get to know him

• That's good. Take your time

• Sometimes, yes. Some just want sex, but that's true of guys your own age as well. The dynamic is a little different, there can be a little more mentoring/protectiveness, but at the same time older guys hopefully understand they can't do everything to fix your life, they can offer support and advice and hear your thoughts and encourage you more than anything else.

• yeah i have noticed that, like when i was talking to him, i was surprised at how similar he is to guys my age when it comes to sex (he was horny a lot, but i dont think all older men are like that because he told me that he's been having problems getting aroused, but it was really easy to get hard just from thinking about me) and he did give me a lot of advice which i really appreciated, even the simple advice. because im not very close to either of my parents so in a way, i saw why some girls my age go for older men. i really enjoyed talking to him, and now guys my age seem even worse. just the thing that i was wondering the whole time we were talking is did he really take me seriously. i mean we didn't just talk about sex, he said multiple times that im very smart and interesting with a good energy and he started liking me, but i dont know i just felt like he couldnt fully take me seriously. maybe its because he has kids my age i dont know

• Bluntly, women can typically leave and take their kid, men cannot.

• yeah i have noticed that pattern

What Girls Said 2

• For your age, don't be surprised they only use you or want you for sex. It's not much different from younger guys, just that they have more experience manipulating young women and know what works better.

• Ill wave and smile