Shouldn't the girl be the older one in the relationship?

We always hear about the guy being the older one in the relationship (if there is an age gap). I'm taking more in highschool (cause in the real world it doesn't matter at all, but for some reason people have a problem with a younger highschool boy dating an older highschool girl. They say it's weird and stuff). But u was just thinking; wouldn't it make more sense for the girl to be older? Since men are more/can be a bit more forward/dominant (even unintentionally), the girl being older may help balance that out. Also, speaking sexually, males probably progress faster in the sense that a younger boy will probably have the same if not more drive. But then of course there's the whole boys mature slower than girls. thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• The only issue is the biological clock women have where 32+ tends to spike the number of miscarriages. Statistical evidence says so, which means "it's more likely although maybe it won't happen to you".

And "dominance" is irrelevant if you like each other and find each other attractive.

What Guys Said 2

• Me dating a girl older then me lmao how can she have kids then? I can she cannot.

• women age worse than guys... so no

What Girls Said 3

• It makes more sense for the guy to be older because males begin maturing mentally later than girls. Not necessarily slower, just start at a later age. For males, their sexual maturation comes before mental, the opposite way around for girls.

Females are also at their most fertile age when young, so in terms of evolutionary reasoning for females being younger, it's largely due to the fact that it'll give much greater chances to her successfully falling pregnant as opposed to if she were >30 years old or something.

• My boyfriend is actually 9 months younger than me (he's 18 years old), but very mature for his age.
    Normally I wouldn't date a younger guy either since the maturity gap is a real thing. It's not that I'm always as mature, but guys are often still in the time of their life where they are still finding out who they are by experimenting things etc.
    I have male friends my age and it's just clear that they aren't fulky stable yet. Being overly insecure, doing drugs and alcohol wuth their cool friends. Looking up to friends who do something considered cool etc.
    I just find that a turn-off.

• Not just high school, men tend to have shorter life spans than women on average.
    By about 7yrs.

So as adults, women should be dating a bit younger. Not like a 40yr old with an 18yr old, but more like a 40 and 33-35yr old man.

The problem is that younger men make my ovaries shrivel haha. I don't like younger men.