Girls, does height matter in a relationship?

I'm 5'7 and I'm wondering if that's a huge turn-off to girls. I typically wear shoes that give me a boost in height (Boots, Nike Air Max, etc) so I guess that helps sometimes. Will a girl still be attracted to a guy even if he's the same height as her or even a little bit shorter?

17

Most Helpful Girl

• Nowadays, many women prefer men taller than them, but that doesn't apply for all, of course. Some of us would still favor shorter men over taller men. Height doesn't matter in a relationship. After all, what counts are love and care and honesty. The inside still matters more than outer appearance. If she cares for you, she would indeed notice height differences but she'll embrace that trait of yours and not make an issue about it.

My personal take:
    In my case, as long as he appears taller than me, it's fine. Like me I'm 5'0" and my boyfriend's 5'5". (See? You're taller than us! Cheer up because girls will love you for who you are and you are blessed to have a height like 5'7" 😄) Clearly he appears taller than me. However, I don't really find men shorter than me a. k. a. 4'11" below attractive at first. I don't know why. I just don't.

What Girls Said 16

• Well just because height matters to some girls, doesn't mean you're in trouble in the dating department.

I prefer taller guys, but that doesn't mean that the girl you'll like won't want you, nor any other girl in the world. There are many girls that don't care at all... And even when they do, once someone likes you, all that goes overlooked. ... so focus on charming girls you're interested in and capture their interest rather than feeling less and not trying just because you assume they won't like you because of height or some other superficial factor.

• I don't personally mind if a dude is a bit short as long as he isn't shorter than me. I'm 5'2" and I have yet to meet more than two men that height.

• Dont ever worry about your physique when it comes to relationships or flings!!! Everyone has different tastes!!! I had a friend who LOVES short guys, like she loved being the tall one in the relationship! I prefer the man to be taller, that I just MY taste. I used to think guys only liked big boobs and butts and felt bad because of my itty bitty ones! But I learned that some guys are obsessed with the itty bitties!!! You are hot to many people out there, dont change!!!

• I'm actually really attracted to a guy who is probably about 5'7. It has nothing to do with height. I don't know if he is interested or not because unfortunately one day he is extremely flirtatious, but the next day he isn't.

He and I have a lot in common, and I don't get nervous talking to him. I have social anxiety and so I get nervous talking to people especially guys I like. With him, I've never had that issue.

• I prefer people who are taller than me. I'm 5'2 so 5'7 would be totally okay.

• A lot of the girls I like are shorter than me so I think I'll be just fine👍

• I'm only 5ft so as long as a guy's not shorter than me I'm happy

• I don't think it's a secret that most girls prefer a guy who is taller than her, however there's a lot of short girls out there so don't you worry. A lot of girls don't mind if the guy is about the same height as them either.

• Not at all. I'm 5'2 and my boyfriend is 5'5 . Pretty short but doesn't matter to me.

• I preffer taller than me guys, but there are shorter girls than me or girls that preffer guys shorter or the same height as them, so keep calm.

• in my opinion no height does not matter. My boyfriend is about 2 ft taller than me and he thinks it is cute that I am this short. But the question is would I still be attracted to him if he was shorter that me?(that would be midget size) AND the answer is yes he's the same person... with the same personality, he would just be vertically challenged. Some girls do judge height I'm not one of them tho.

• If he's average or up boi it fine 👌🏼

• Height doesn't matter that much! Short guys are cute!

• It depends on the girl really

• I'm 5'10" and that would be too short for me, but it wouldn't if I was 5'7"

• Sadly it does, to both men and women. I'd someone who is at least my height.

• I'm short 4'11 and for me height is not a big issue but if (and for some reason) a guy is 5'-5'4 then I will feel weird hehe. But i'm OK with any heights overall