How quick should you respond to potential bf/gf texts?

I'm straight forward and don't like playing games in relationships. I don't send multiple texts or pester him because I don't want to be pesteted either but i do respond when i see or hear the message if I'm not busy.
My friend mentioned I should make him wait for responses so I don't seem to eager and it makes them think about me and want me more? Also to never text in the late evenings because then he'll go to bed thinking about me?
Is this stuff true? It seems like a game to make him wait.

• It's just rumors
  • It's a total dating game, don't do it!
  • It's a total dating game and works!

Most Helpful Guy

• It works like magic... but dont wait like 1-2 days to reply thats bullshit..
    but if he texts u in morning.. reply back to him in evening and just say "hey i saw ur text, sorry i was out with a friend"... and then he will be curious who that friend is... yeah it works but not all the time..
    sometimes its ok

Most Helpful Girl

• Just text them as often when you want, I don't see anything wrong with being eager and showing an interest in someone you like, it can make someone feel really good and not second guessing their end so they will be more receptive too.

What Guys Said 3

• It's totally a game and you shouldn't play along.
    You know what you want, you should be able to get it. And if he doesn't like it then it won't work out for you two.

• I originally 100% agreed but now I'm concerned I'm scaring them off by responding "quickly"... Cause looking back when I'm at work and CAN'T respond I have a lot more messages, questions and actual conversation starters than when I actually can respond I feel like I'm caring the conversation even if they respond quick is not much conversation... if that makes sense?

• It does make sense. I feel like I am the one that does that all the time.

• Whenever you want 💁🏻

• Asap...

What Girls Said 1

• It works on some guys but then some guys are like "ok whatever she doesn't respond oh well!"