Is there a point in getting married or In a relationship if you never plan on having kids?

I'm 18 and I never wants kids and will never have them and no I won't change my mind. But I don't know if there's any point of being in a relationship or getting married if your not gonna have kids I mean I would still like to be in a relationship but I don't know if any guy would want that? Also are you supposed to tell the guy you're dating that you don't wanna have kids?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, you SHOULD tell the guy you're dating that you don't want kids.
    I want kids, that's a goal, so dating a woman that doesn't want them would be a complete waste of time, cause eventually I would tell her to have kids and she declining would mean breaking up, so all those years together would have been for nothing.

There are many guys that don't want kids, but you gotta be upfront, don't wast a guy's time if he wants kids and you don't.

Most Helpful Girl

• Well some people get married because the legal document and commitment makes them feel at ease and their life i guess intact. Not everyone does it just to have children, they just want that support system and like marriage, other people will only have children within a marriage, so it's all about what you want. And well I dont think at the beginning however once you get more serious these things will happen, and even before the serious part sometimes it's brought up in question, I usually ask someone i'm dating months in the relationship just to know i'm not potentially wasting my time with someone who i won't be with in the long run.

What Guys Said 12

• Yes. Relationship is more than cranking out overgrown tumors and debt. It is a dance of two. There are guys who want kids and there are guys who don't. Choose the right one and be open with it. When all else fails, there are ways to work it out.

As I said, it's a dance of two. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you have to accommodate your partner. Choose the one who is willing to be with you no mattwr what rather than the person you want to be with.

• There are plenty of guys who never want kids either, just make sure to talk about it early on so no one feels like they're being lied to.

So yeah, there's still a point of being married or being in a relationship if that's something you're into.

• Useless you religion, no. There is no much of a point to get married if you don't want to have kids. One of the main reasons for marriage was so the kids would not be bastards and so the woman would not left to rise her kids alone, also it's really hard to obligate like that for an woman who don't want kids, yes you are supposed to tell the guy you're dating that you don't want to have kids, unless you both wanting an one night stand.

• Relationships can be means and happy without kids.

When you begin dating seriously that's the time to renew your no kids rule,

• I know people who are happily married without kids so there is a point to it. How do you know you won't change your mind? I don't want kids either but I realize that I'm young and 10 years from now I might think completely differently

• It's because I have reasons why I don't want kids that's how I know I'm not gonna change my mind!

• You can't predict the future. People change over time. My dad always said he never wanted kids when he was our age and I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters

• Yeah I agree that you can't predict the future but I'm 100% certain that I won't! Have you heard the quote, "you're the bus driver of your life" that's basically means you choose decide what you do

• Not everyone actually wants kids and that includes guys so yeah I'll think you'll manage.

Personally, I never liked the idea of having kids until last year where I began warming up to the idea.

• Why do you not want children?

• Just personal reasons

• Plus I have a lot of other things I want to do with my life

• overthinking...

• Yeah. But make it clear to your future partner/spouse. Ifbotharefree, go for it.

• I'm infertile... Match made in heaven. LOL

• yeah, it's cheaper. it's cheaper to be in a marriage, than to actually be single

• Not for me.

What Girls Said 6

• You definitely should tell the person you're dating that you don't want kids. I mean, if this thing goes really, really well with you, it'll hurt a hell of a lot more later when he's thinking of having babies and settling down to get rejected and told that you were never interested in that. It's best to be honest at the start and that way you save everyone a lot of time and heart ache. There's a lot of guys who feel the same way you do about not wanting kids or not wanting to get married, so you shouldn't give up, you just need to be honest and find the right person.

• Sure there is a point marriage and relationships are about love not kids. You should tell the guy though early on so if it is a big deal he can end things quick. Many guys would be okay with that and many guys would not. It really just depends on the guy

• There are guys out there who also don't want kids.

• Go on a couple of dates with him and then tell him about it, it would be wrong not to tell him since many guys probably want kids. I'm sure there are others who don't wish to have kids or feel that you are it for them, so don't lose hope, but it would never hurt to keep an open mind to the option of having kids

• No?
    I think some guys probably have the same view though.
    Yeah, you should probably tell them at some point

• definitely would... would save you from wasting your time or his...