Will you ever date someone you didn't find completely sexy?

Well im 17, 18 in a month. I was in a relationship 2-3 years ago and it ended horribly so i stopped dating. I was with this guy and we been having casual sex. Its getting old and i feel used, duh. I recently went on a date with a guy who seems perfect. he's handsome, smart, does things old school and he's interested in me. he really is everything i wanted. Open minded, busy with his own life, confident etc. He asked me to be his a bit ago and he's such a straight forward guy whos looking for his girl to be down for a while and usually I fall for guys quick but for some reason i dont find him sexually attractive. Emotionally he's perfect. Physically he's handsome. But i dont have that "boy let me get you alone..." kind of feeling for him at all. Like i can't think about kissing him or anything. I have been single for a while and i feel like i dont meet good guys just because im attracted to assholes. This isn't because i feel pressured into getting out there. This will sound screwed up but the more of a jerk he is, like that attitude is what gets me turned on in a guy. And believe me this guy is confident so its not that. he's one of those good guys. Do you think I should try this out? Or do you have experience where physically it grossed you out and you never found him/her sexually appealing and thought going to a different type won't do you any good?

• no because being phyiscal and attractive is important in a relationship
  • yes because it can work out/ you will find them appealing soon.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah I've done that before I was like that with my first girlfriend emotionally everything was fine but I didn't have that let me get you alone feeling with her same as you with this guy. And I can do that just fine but that wasn't why we broke things off well it was part of it but not the sole reason.

Most Helpful Girl

• I wasn't sexually attracted to my boyfriend when we first started dating but after 3 years I can assure you that changed and think he is very sexy now

What Guys Said 4

• there is more to a long lasting relationship than looks. a good personality i will carry the forward because over time looks fade

• Isn't it an insult to the person you are dating to date them because of availability but wish they were someone better than they are?

• why would you go out with someone if you are not sexually attracted to them?

hm, I like you and all that but you are a butt ugly, my cock goes limp every time I see you?

not for me, thanks

• no because they wouldn't want to date me.

What Girls Said 1

• been there. i can do it just fine. i broke up with him for a different reason.