Would you date a girl who doesn't drive?

We're both 19. This guy I've been chatting with asked if I wanted to go get coffee sometime if I'm free. I wasn't sure if I would be able to but I wanted to hang with him. He asked if I'm free tomorow. I don't have my license nor permit so I can't drive. I don't know if he's going to pick me up or he expects us to meet eachother at the coffee place. I don't want him to think I'm a loser who is dependable or irresponsible. I don't know anyone who's willing to give me a ride. I don't even know if it's a date or just hanging out as friends.

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was your age, it was not unusual for young people, especially girls, to not have a driver's licence.
    Today, it is even more common because of the increasing number of barriers that government puts in the way of people who want to get a driver's licence.
    My daughter did not get her licence until she was 22. I have a son who is 19 and has not even had a lesson.
    Here I live, the government mandates a minimum of 10 one-hour lessons ($70 each), then a minimum of 100 hours of log-book driving in the company of someone who has had a licence for at least five years.
    After that, one can go for a test. That is another $80.
    If one passes the test (most are failed), a licence costs $150 for the first two years and then $150 for each five years thereafter.
    My daughter was not in a hurry because of the cost and because she was pretty enough that there was no shortage of young men who offered to act as her personal taxi service.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just be honest with him and tell him about your situation. Most people are understanding. If you live close enough, the drive may not even matter to him. If he has access to a car, or has a car, then hopefully he is okay with being the one to drive all the time.

At your age, it's not surprising as most people don't even have money for a car anyway. I got my first car at 22. But most of my friends still don't have cars and I am 26. Cars are expensive!

If you live in a rural town, and live far away from him. It's definitely going to impact things. But as long as you let him know your situation, then you two can work something out.

I would tell him sooner rather than later. He's going to need to know so that you two can plan to meet when either you have a ride there or he can drive you.

What Guys Said 14

• I don't drive, so I don't mind. Plus, I live in a city so the public transport is what most people use.

• My wife didn't drive till she was 33; I never thought of her being a loser nor irresponsible. This is his fault; he has not clarified the arrangements, you need to call and ask if he wants you to meet you there or is he picking you up? Once there I'm sure you'll be able to gauge whether it's a date or mates hanging out. Good luck.

• Yes I would date a girl who doesn't drive. I hate driving myself, but that's more because no one can drive worth a damn nowadays.

I digress... I don't see a problem with you not having a license. Even if he does have a problem with it, you can say that you are studying for the test first. I'd respect that answer. It may surprise him... keep in mind if you say that, then you should own up to your word and actually study and get it.

• 1- why don't you just tell him you don't have that shit?
    2- how did this dynamic work in the past?
    3- why don't you just get your license? it's really easy

• Sure as long as she doesn't expect me to drive her everywhere. I live in a city where public transportation is pretty convenient.
    I'll drive her if I'm free and have nothing better to do but if she expects me to go out of my way all the time then no...

• ''I don't even know if it's a date or just hanging out as friends'' then what the hell are you worrying about, sweety? tell him you dont have your license, and he'll offer you a ride. if it makes you feel any better, i'm 19 too and i dont have my license either.

• He won't think of you as a loser... If he truly likes you..
    Just an him to pick you up.. We guys love that

• Yeah sure.

• Yeah.

• Drive what? Just tell him you don't drive. Sheesh, so irrelevant.

• Yes. Of course. I can drive. I'll have no problem with that.

• I don't give a shit since I don't drive as well... but if she demands from me to drive... then fuck her...

• Have done, and would again.

• I've know a few people without licenses. Nothing wrong with it. If this is a date the guy at actually like that he gets to pick you up. I'm more traditional myself and would actually rather pick up a date myself then meet her somewhere.

• Sorry for the grammar mistakes *might actually *than meet

What Girls Said 0