Tell me not in mournful numbers?

I was answering a question about standards and I'd like to know what you all think of my reasoning.

We'll use women as an example. It seems like most women's minimum standards are that a guy be honest, and have integrity, he won't cheat or lie to them. That he be at least OK looking and be motivated to succeed or at least make something of himself, a steady job or a career. He should be at least OK in bed, not be a drug abuser or drunk, be a helpful father and not have any really annoying habits. Also he should be tractable and considerate to a minimum degree.

I realize not all women care about all these things, the good father one for example but this is what i'd expect the average woman wants as a minimum. Many require much more, intelligence, humor, height, & etc but lets just look at the bare minimum.

Honest and integrity, I'd say about 1/2 of guys have that to a sufficent degree.
OK looking, women are variable on this but we'll be generous and say 1/2 again.

Now I realize these characteristics are not completely independent, Good looks and honestly I'd say have a sight inverse correlation but between the inverse and the direct I'd say the correlations more or less cancel.

Steady job or career again about half.
OK in bed, half at most.
Not a drug abuser 2/3 is probably agood estimate
Helpful father again, half at most for the minimum
Annoying habits, half
Tractable and considerate half.

So the minimum standard a woman feels she can expect is one guy in ,5 x.5 x.67 x.5 x.5 x.5 or about one guy in 50.

Happy hunting.

What Girls Said 1

• Guys I meet are either boring or ugly.

• “HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM."

Terry Pratchett, 'Hogfather'.

Sorry for the caps but they are in the original, it's Death speaking.

What Guys Said 1

• FUK u dude. go get a life.

• I did warn you the numbers were mournful.