Can my boyfriend be selfish sometimes or is it just me?

Whenever I have a problem it seems as if he's had the same one or he's been in my situation before. For instance, I had a relative commit suicide about a year ago and when I told him he said "that happened to me too so I understand it was really hard for my family and it was a rough time." Another time I was really sick with strep and he said "I get strep all the time it's not a big deal just rest up. It's painful though" and then finally my dog died a couple of months ago and he said "my dog died like that a while ago too. My family was crushed." I know he's trying to make me feel better, but he always seems to make everything about him and his feelings and it makes me feel like my problems aren't as important because he's been through all of them. How can I get him to see this?

Most Helpful Guy

• i think its just you... you are overthinking... for all you know... it all might have all happened to him.
    you guys might have more in common than you think lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I think your boyfriend lacks empathy and he's sort of selfish -he is trying to make everything about him. I had a female friend like him once. Needless to say, I removed her from my life. It was exhausting.

What Guys Said 1

• I dont see anything wrong in it... you are overthinking..
    Maybe he does this to reduce ur pain... whatever be the case..
    He really cares about u.. stop overthinking.

What Girls Said 1

• i think he cares a lot about you and tries not to scare you. he wants to let you know that he lived the same sitution and he succeded to overcame it so you can do it too