Would you ever date a super smart girl?

Like say the batch top of uni 😉

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually intelligence in number 1 treat I look for in a girl. But it's not enough alone of course, I have to be physically attracted to her and to like her personality.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why wouldn't any guy date you? You look pretty cute in your avitar. I'm in the top of my engineering classes at uni, I find guys are often intimidated of the smart girl, I'm so glad my guy (husband) wasn't intimidated! We were actually best friends growing up together. That's where I learned to talk with guys and be myself at the same time.

So do you get out and socialize with all those single guys at all? That's where you are going to find interested or interesting guys. Go to the sporting events, be part of a group, go to plays and art events. Find something that interests you, (besides the cute guys) get involved in it; even better if it's something interesting to guys. If you aren't that experienced with guys, I'd stay away from the party scene, things can get out of hand quickly for inexperienced girls at parties. There are guys who prey on the new girls at parties, so make sure you have someone to keep an eye on you for protection if you do.

After my guy and I got together in high school, many of his friends would come see Samantha, Sammy (to friends) for advice on girls, guess I was their subject matter expert since I am one! You know what; I found; guys are just like girls, they're just as afraid of being rejected or looking silly as we are! I think some guys are more easily hurt than a lot of girls, once they get rejected a few times they just throw up their hands and give up. I've watched a few of these guys wake up to the reality of a relationship through just being friends with girls. They get over their shyness, they learn to hold more than a two word conversation with the opposite sex, they learn how to act around girls, they learn that we want the same things in a relationship that they do.

You are pretty enough that you could land a really cute guy if you just talk to him and find out what makes him tick. Once you get an idea of what interests him, take some time to learn about the subject matter, figure it out and you should be able to figure him out! Once guys figure out you're interested and interesting they will get over any intimidation they might have and come knocking at your door! Good Luck, now get studying those guys!! = ]

• Haha thank you! Mayb you are correct... the thing is i am pretty shy with peope i dont kno well...

• And although loads of guys do ask me out... they are not really my type... the guys i like nvr notice me.. lol ( pls excuse my grammar English in not my first language )... so im really confused..

What Guys Said 44

• Most of the women I date are extremely intelligent. My current girlfriend is a retired judge and she is extremely, extremely bright. I'm sure her IQ is at least 140.

• Just because you are book smart doesn't make you super smart...
    i would love to date an "all-round" smart girl. i mean, regardless of what i bring up, she either knows or would like to know...
    i met one once when i was younger... if only i could go back.
    but yea... I've dated very very "intelligent girls".. but they were only book smart... some couldn't even decipher the traffic system of red light.. green light.
    some didn't know what to do when their car had a problem... or to iron clothes... or to cook... etc
    Just because you are on the "Dean's list" doesn't make you "smart" honey... it just means you are on a list. (not talking about you specifically)
    Super smart is when, regardless of the situation, you are either prepared, or capable of adapting quickly.

• Sigh... but i think im just book smart 😳

• and thats ok... that doesn't make you a bad person...
      doesn't make you "super" smart either... just makes you Smart... in a certain area... and thats cool.
      I really don't think anyone alive is "super smart"... there is always that one area they know nothing about. its called being a know-it-all... and im one of them. and i know enough to know that im not "smart"... im just good at improvising.

• I would, but if she is so smart, would she date me?

• As opposed to dating not so smart people?
    images.cheezburger.com/.../...bbc-e2607bb08d35.gif
    Besides the smartest people I've met in my life are never from uni. I'd date a girl who has a sense of integrity towards her own ambitions and personal life.

• lol, Im glad I wasn't drinking anything when I saw that gif. I would have spit it all over my screen :D

• @Bandit74 yeah, lol. Too bad I was having water, when I saw this.

• Yes, I love super smart girls. Some of them like me too, it's great!

• Probably not. In my experience girls who make a point to describe themselves as being extremely intelligent tend to come across as condescending and appear like they have something to prove. Also girls don't usually respect men who they perceive as being less intelligent and I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with someone who looks down on me.

• well if she decided to date me, she can´t be all that smart :D so yeah, i would.

• we'd have amazing convos about life, aliens, science, predictions, ideas, food, nutrition, and we'd support each other efficiently.

• Sure I would, I like smart gals.

• if she was interested in me yes i would

• Sure, as long as she isn't masculine at all. Seriously, the two are sometimes associated together for some reason. Masculine personality in women is so not attractive.

• For a long long time, super smart girls was all I dated.

• Yeah of course

• Is she attractive?

• Yes most definitely. I love intelligent women. They make much beter conversation.

• Well, I never want to date in my lifetime.!

• Hell yes, I would.

• Hell yeah I would.

• Yes! Unless she's that kind of smart girl that thinks she's better than everybody else.

• Absolutely yes! Intelligence is sexy.

• Smart is good, but grades generally just indicate compliance/eagerness to please... Someone in my circle of friends was valedictorian in high school, he got a 4.0 in computer engineering in college, and he works for amazon now... He's not the sharpest knife in the draw though... :p He is Asian though, and his parents basically demanded performance.

• Yes, I would.

• Yes. If she's smart in life hacks too.

• I'm super shy irl, so unless she shows a bit of interested it probably wouldn't happen anyway... and if she does, which means she's okay with an average guy like me, then I wouldn't be intimidated by it

• I've met girls who were a lot smarter than me scholastically wise... and she had no people skills, was an arrogant bitch, and boring to boot.

So... depends?

• If she's okay with it

• What you say is not a smart girl. It's a dumb girl who has read only books that were assigned to her.

• Yes i agree... but i wuldnt call her dumb... i mean she has sme smartness in her to at least read and understand the books assigned to her!

• Only if she is actually smart, not an egotistical dumbass.

• Sure, but I doubt she'd want to date someone dumber than her

• I guess if she wasn't the type to show off about it and still listened to what I had to say

• More from Guys
    14

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 8

• any man who won't is intimidated by that, which just shows he isn't ambitious enough himself. #justsaying

• no because I don't like vagina, I don't care if its a smart vagina. A vagina is still a vagina and I will have none of iT

• No because I'm straight.

• Normally a man who has real confidence; date a smart girl.
    And also intelligence does not mean egoistic person.

• No lol

• I'd date a super smart girl, if I were a guy. I always tell my friends who tell me someone likes me, "I shall only date straight A boys."

• Hell yeah. I'd also date a guy like that (I am actually)

• Well, I'm a girl, but ill put it the other way, I would date a smart guy because they have something in life, they are not failing school, and you know they will get somewhere in life.