How do you date?

I am 25 years old, and I have no idea how this dating business works. Okay, maybe I get some hints from watching movies, but the movies always seem to be easier than real life.

Last summer, I went to the local church. It was a Catholic Church, and I went to it because I thought I could use the opportunity to make friends and network. The church opened everyday, because of the daily Mass, so I just hung out there. I was also quite curious of Christianity, so that's another reason. I did something different, something out of the ordinary. I gave a fellow churchgoer my phone number upon request. She was an empty nester and retired from her teaching position, so she used her time to assist her husband's business. On our cell phones, we exchanged messages, talking about literature, foods, languages. She was Indian-American, so sometimes she would talk about her Indian heritage. I think I would describe her as a friend and church buddy - and one that gave me a taste of friendship. Before, I wasn't much of a social person, and when I was a young child, I had playmates but they were usually children of my parents' friends and we just played with toys together. As time passed, I became disconnected with my peers - lost in my own childish bubble. During adolescence, I wasn't interested in typical girly things, like makeup, fashion, and boys. I was like a shy little nerd whose idea of having fun means spending the day with Mom and Dad, my stuffed animals, playing video games, and reading.

What Guys Said 2

• Kinda like hanging out with your friend but there are like intimate things happening like kissing or hand holding... etc... crap like that. key is to relax.
    if you ask me, its much easier to just curl up on the couch and binge watch netflix. its still time spent together.

• You gotta burst that bubble of yours and talk. It can be quite hard at first but just believe in yourself

What Girls Said 0